Cargill Australia connects Australian growers with domestic and international consumers across our agriculture & trading network, helping to provide customers with sustainable nutrition solutions. Our modern and highly automated Oilseeds Facility in Newcastle, processes for multiple customers in the food industry within Australia and internationally.
We are looking for an Engineering Intern to join Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) team based at our Newcastle plant.
As an Engineering Intern you will work collaboratively with the site team to implement projects to improve the Newcastle plants efficiency, reliability and safety whilst assisting in the overall improvement of manufacturing and engineering processes and products.
In this diverse and hands on role, you will provide technical support for the day-to-day plant operations, troubleshoot and resolve issues and identify continuous improvement opportunities. This is a great opportunity to join and be mentored by a high performing team to support you gaining Engineering experience.
- Assist and support the Plant Operators, Production Engineers and Supervisor, and the Plant Manager in the day-to-day operational duties and project plans
- Ensure manufacturing equipment and processes are efficient and cost-effective to promote quality and reliability
- Conduct tests and measurements throughout the different stages of production, interpreting the data and reporting on the findings
- Liaise with technical consultants, suppliers and contractors
- Participate in site based, hands on, installation and commissioning tasks
- Training Operators and Maintenance staff
Skills & Experience
- Currently studying an applicable Engineering Bachelors Degree (eg. Chemical, Mechanical or similar)
- High level of skill in troubleshooting problems and data analysis capability
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations
- Effective communication skills with an ability to work effectively across teams
- Passion for and knowledge of industrial health and safety processes
This is an awesome opportunity to join a team of experienced Engineers, where you will be exposed to a broad range of plant operations and continuous improvement projects and learn off the very best in the business.
Cargill is a company that invests in its future, and you will be energised and excited to work for a global company who is well known in the Agricultural space for its passion for sustainability and making a positive impact to our Australian customers and communities.