Mycoworks is seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic Manufacturing QC Technician with a strong quality mindset to support the quality team at the shift level. The candidate will work cross-functionally with individuals and departments such as operation, warehouse, safety, maintenance, and engineering.
This role will require the candidate to perform a series of ongoing quality control checks during production with a key focus on accuracy, consistency, and integrity. The goal will be to ensure the compliance of the key quality parameters for the manufacturing of biomaterials- Fine Mycelium.
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for following defined standards and protocols, and adequately identifying and addressing deviations in the process during monitoring and inspection. The individual will have minimal experience in improving product quality by making recommendations for change based on quality observations. The individual will be expected to work in a deliverable-based atmosphere with quality metrics used to assess outcomes.
- Follow all safety and quality protocols outlined in company protocols
- Follow written protocol to analyze product quality
- Maintain calibration of quality control equipment
- Perform inspections across all stages of production
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve products
- Ensure manufactured products adhere to customer quality standards
- Communicate quality concerns with urgency
- Participate in group discussions to create solutions for identified problems
- Document results and findings after inspections are carried out
- Record and analyze data, manage documentation and communicate/present results within and outside the team
- Serve as a backup for Manufacturing QC lead from other shifts
- Minimum high school diploma and 6 months to two years of work experience in quality assurance and quality control environment required; or
- Fresh college graduates with zero work experience
- Prior experience in food, pharmaceutical, and consumer products manufacturing experience is a plus
- Be detail-oriented, with a high level of focus on the quality of your work
- Ability to work on your feet the majority of your shift and handle materials up to 50 pounds in weight with assistance (i.e. push and pull, or lift in tandem)
- Capable of working individually and as a part of a team
- Comfortable with autonomy and a deliverable-oriented approach
- The ability to be coachable and both give and receive constructive feedback
- Basic written and verbal communication skills in English required
- General computer knowledge and data entry ability
- Must be able to follow cleanroom and safety practices
We are a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This role may require overtime and the ability to work varied shifts in order to meet the needs of the business.