WHY YOU'LL LOVE WHAT YOU DO WITH US:
- Medical, Dental, Vision provided for PLANTA employees.
- Work/life balance is a priority — annual PTO starts 90 after date of employment.
- No limit on referral bonuses for sending Leadership and Team Members our way, paid after 180 days of successful employment.
- ClassPass Wellness & Fitness discount provided (because healthful hedonism is a lifestyle).
- 50% off delicious plant-powered food at all full-service PLANTA concepts: PLANTA, PLANTA Queen, and PLANTA Cocina.
- Exciting career growth & development opportunities as part of an ever-expanding company: new restaurants and new positions are always on the horizon.
PLANTA is building a team of inclusive, strategic and dynamic individuals that embody a leadership style that promotes equity, productivity and workplace satisfaction. Our mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences; it’s our duty to develop our team of professionals to become the next industry leaders; it’s our quest to find the finest ingredients; it’s our social responsibility to become a more sustainable organization every day.
What you will find at P
LANTA is passion without pretense; a unique group that loves coming to work every day, shouts good morning, rolls up their sleeves and works together to create innovative techniques to redefine hospitality.HOST/HOSTESS
Reporting to the Restaurant Leader, the Host/Hostess ensures that our guests have a pleasant and memorable dining experience from the initial impression to the fond farewell. This individual understands above and beyond service and ensures guest satisfaction is the highest priority. They work as a team, to maximize service revenues by accommodating guests, reservations and walk-ins in a strategic manner. They are expected to greet all guests with enthusiasm, be well informed in all aspects of our offerings and provide our guests a world-class experience.WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Warmly and graciously greet all incoming and departing guests
- Seat guests proactively, promptly, with genuine care to attention and detail
- Actively communicate with the Leadership team any issues or potential concerns relating to seating, guest experience or the ability of staff to service the business of their section
- Prepare and present all pre-shift notes for upcoming service (ie. PX’s, celebrations, etc.)
- Operate and maintain reservations systems and assign reservations daily on SevenRooms that is logical and appropriate
- Update reservation system with guest information and details
- Answer incoming calls, reservations and administer call backs
- Advise colleagues of guest special occasions, unique celebrations, concerns for allergies or other service needs which require special attention, once known
- Relaying the necessary information in regards to allergies and guest requests to management, respective captain, and kitchen
- Constant communication with captains and management to ensure out times are provided, guests are dining within appropriate times, and resets are completed in an efficient manner
- Ensure opening, closing and weekly checklists are being used and all tasks on said checklists are being completed
- Ensure that all areas of the restaurant under Host/Hostess’s purview are well maintained and kept clean at all times including the Host/Hostess stands, all front entrance windows, floors and mats, mirrors and chrome, and washrooms
- Communicate with leadership on any need to know information regarding restaurant or Host/Hostess specific needs.
- Complete any additional tasks assigned to the team such as MyCheck integration or take out order management
At PLANTA we do not tolerate any form of discrimination in the workplace, including during the recruitment stages. As such, all applications are viewed by our diverse recruitment team that uses a holistic and equitable approach. PLANTA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.
- Fully understand and embody PLANTA’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar, fast paced environment with similar standards
- Experience using reservation systems
- Well-spoken and excellent communication skills
- Humble and relatable with a confident attitude
- Remain highly detailed at all times
- Respectful and professional with all interactions
- Proactive in understanding guests' needs
- Creativity in finding solutions to provide guests an exceptional experience
- Ability to ease conflict and resolve issues
- Team oriented with capability to work in a high stressed environment
- High organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Professional appearance appropriate for a premier restaurant
- Results-oriented and impeccably organized
- Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality, WSET, Prud’homme or equivalent considered an asset
- Full time flexible hours are required (days, nights, weekends, holidays) or as agreed with your hiring manager
More detail about PLANTA Queen part of PLANTA, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/313545-planta-queen