Coperion is looking for a Process Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX. As a Process Engineer you will be responsible for providing technical support regarding process design for material handling systems and extrusion additive feed systems.
What you’ll do:
- Concept design of plant system (e.g., development of PFD)
- Process design and sizing of pneumatic conveying systems
- Selection and sizing of machines, apparatuses, and components
- Consulting and supporting of sales and order handling.
- Development of functional concept of plant system
- Preparation and execution of technical risk assessments
- Assistance for plant analysis for modification and optimization projects
- Support on site engineers during start-up and trouble shooting.
- Customer on-site troubleshooting and consultation.
- Contact for sales, order handling teams, and service technicians regarding clarification of process and technology questions.
- Support and guidance for development of functional descriptions in project teams
- Interface to the headquarters for any subject of process technology and related engineering topics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required, will consider Industrial Engineering degree with relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of professional engineering experience
- Willingness to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice – up to 25% (US & Globally)
- Knowledge about dry bulk solids handling
- Deepened understanding of gas flow theory in pipes (ideal gas law, pressure loss, flow velocity, etc.)
- Physics of humid air (relative humidity, Mollier-Diagram, condensation, etc.)
- Understanding of pipe routing and engineering in pneumatic conveying systems (clean gas, gravity, and pneumatic conveying)
- Deepened understanding of process-related functioning of dry bulk solids plants (functional sequence, Interlocks, safety technology, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), etc.
- Solution orientated and analytical solution-oriented ability to think.
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to climb heights of up to approx. 150 meters (via ladder or stairs) as needed.
- Knowledge or experience of extruders or extrusion processes
- Dependable, quick learner, and team player
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to ensure that the customer demand is met.