Coperion is looking for a Refurbishing Mechanic to join our team in Wytheville, Virginia. As a Refurbishing Mechanic you will be responsible for inspection and overhaul of extruder gearboxes and other related equipment for our customers and final assembly of machines and auxiliary equipment.What you’ll do:
- Disassemble and clean used gearboxes and other used equipment from customers. Inspect components to determine fitness for reuse, and clean parts as needed.
- Assemble gearboxes and related components.
- Modify and overhaul Coperion and other equipment.
- Clean and sandblast parts.
- Rig parts and machines.
- Operate forklift.
- Assemble piping work, steel, copper, etc.
- Must operate machine tools such as lathe, miller, surface grinder.
- Perform arc welding, gas burning.
- Perform basic electrical equipment wiring.
- Other duties as they are assigned
- High school and/or Trade school graduate
- Four (4) years as Maintenance Mechanic, Machine Assembler, or related experience.
- Ability to read BOM’s and work according to blue prints.
- Experienced with the use of hand tools
- Must be experienced with precision tools such as micrometers, indicators, calipers.
Who we are:
- A knowledge of the diagnosis and repair of large gearbox mechanisms, including twin output types, is a plus. Knowledge of safety standards while working in an industrial environment is mandatory.
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".