The Technical Support Engineer, Polyolefins
in Pitman, NJ works with Customer Service and/or customers to identify the parts needed to correct existing or anticipated equipment problems and generate sales quotes, to support Sales and Refurbishing departments in generating new, modification, and/or modernization business (specifically polyolefin applications), and also
provides technical assistance to Sales, Field Service, and customers. This role requires extensive technical aptitude, familiarity with engineering principles and design guidelines, and the ability to understand complex mechanical and electrical systems.Work You’ll Do:
- Serve as main contact to multiple layers of the organization, suppliers, and customers assisting in the troubleshooting of technical issues, providing technical assistance as required.
- Process requests for database maintenance and updates, bills of materials, technical descriptions, and specifications, etc. utilizing multiple ERP systems to coordinate technical data across all systems.
- Assist the Parts Department with quoting, parts identification, and preparation of spare parts lists.
- Process and manage Customer Service projects from kick-off to completion, including establishing technical specifications for parts and associated bills of material, and making decisions regarding scope of projects and overhauls as necessary.
- Support customer service sales in the proposal and project stages for consultation studies.
- Work with Purchasing Department to establish and maintain periodic contact with suppliers with the goal of obtaining technical quotations and developing technical specifications.
- Coordinate internal support efforts to ensure a timely/thorough response to the customer, including recommending parts stocking standards.
- Assess and further develop standardized reporting for Field Service.
- Monitor customer complaints and feedback, taking appropriate action or leveraging Department Management as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel: 30% or as required for project scoping or training opportunities
- B.S Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial engineering required
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering reports, drawings, office procedures, and instruction manuals is required.
- The ability to write clear, concise routine correspondence as well as comprehensive documents.
- Knowledge of chemical process industry (CPI) mechanical plant equipment and systems or related industry experience.
- Be familiar with software such as QAD, SAP, CRM applications as required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
Who we are:
- Knowledge of Extrusion Technology or related capital equipment as well as Maintenance a plus
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Solid works is a plus.
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".