Peerless is looking for an electrician to join our team in Sydney, OH to perform electrical support for the plant operations. Work You’ll Do:
- Connect and disconnect electric powered machines.
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Diagnose electrical trouble.
- Use hand and power tools.
- Work from wiring diagrams.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit.
- Pull wiring through conduit.
- Splice wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Connect wiring to electrical components on equipment.
- Install control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connect power cables to equipment and install grounding leads.
- Test continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments.
- Repair faulty equipment or systems.
- Have a focus on personal safety as well as the safety of others around them; actively participates on assigned safety team.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experienced electrician requiring completion of two years of formal training such as an Associate’s degree (equivalent from two-year college) or technical school; and two years of job experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, electrical (wiring) schematics, simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required to effectively present information to others.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be familiar with AC and DC as well as low and high voltage and be able to troubleshoot circuits.
- Must understand the requirements of PLC wiring.
- Must be able to differentiate wire colors.
Who we are:
- Background in PLC’s
- Experience operating an overhead crane
- Experience driving a fork truck
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".