The Test Lab Technician will be responsible for evaluating customer material samples and making recommendations about the design of bulk material handling systems for those materials. Host customers who visit the Salina Test Lab, and coordinate their visit to achieve the desired sales results. Assist with product development, system design improvements, and demonstration of our products and systems.Work You'll Do:
- Perform or oversee the bench test process on all accepted materials, and maintain the material database.
- Plan and Schedule full scale tests, understand the test objectives, specify material quantities.
- Assemble feeder and pneumatic conveying full scale.
- Perform or oversee the set up the required equipment and instrumentation, and all full-scale testing.
- Learn utility requirements, operating procedures and maintenance of lab equipment, including operation and maintenance of lift trucks.
- Insure that equipment is operating safely and reliably.
- Communicate with customers and in-house personnel, in writing and verbally, with ability to explain why materials behave as they do in our systems, and make recommendations accordingly.
- Collaborate with University personnel in the Bulk Solids Innovation Center as needed.
- Train Customers, Reps, and in-house personnel about our products and technology.
- Assist with testing of new and existing product developments.
- Responsible for all visitors coming in and out of the Lab.
- Supervise supportive lab personnel and student interns.
- Maintain all Laboratory SDS files up to date.
- Improve our test methods and develop new tests that will benefit the system design process worldwide.
- Responsible for the upkeep and general maintenance of the Test Lab.
- Maintain all Lab equipment, such as cleaning filters, changing oil, and calibrating instruments.
- Travel as required to customer sites, trade shows, etc.
- Maintain and oversee the enforcement of the BSIC safety manual.
Overview of team this role will be a part of the Process Engineering group with nine engineers. This position will report to the Process Engineering Manager.Basic Qualifications:
- A technical degree or higher is desired.
Who we are:
- General understanding of design and manufacture of feeder and pneumatic conveying systems and related equipment.
- General understanding of customer applications and needs related to feeding, pneumatic conveying, and bulk material handling systems.
- Ability to schedule and plan an effective test backlog.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to set up, operate, and troubleshoot electrical devices, instrumentation, and controls.
- Ability to use hand and power tools and able to get forklift certified.
- Technical expertise in bulk material handling, gravity flow of solids, particulate air filtration, and pneumatic conveying.
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".