Coperion is looking for a Fabricator
to join our team in Salina, KS
. As a Fabricator
you will be responsible for performing repetitive machine and assembly operations to produce standardized sheet metal products in accordance with dimensional specifications and quality standards requiring a fundamental knowledge of fabricating and machine operations, assembly methods and shop practices. The Fabricator position is an essential part of our team at Coperion.What you’ll do
- Make scratch and center-punch layouts from templates and patterns.
- Set-up and operate shears, saws, press brakes, roll formers, plasma cutters, flangers, drills, punches, etc., to cut, trim, form and shape parts.
- Work from job layouts, patterns, templates, bills of materials and production orders.
- Use scales, square, dividers, straight edge and fixed gauges to set-up, operate machines and check work.
- Under supervision, instructions and guidance provided on set-ups, machine and assembly operations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The ability to read blueprints.
- Must have good analytical skills necessary to evaluate and organize workloads and schedules. The ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have the mechanical ability to use hand and powered tools and have knowledge in the use of scales, calipers, and gauges to test and check mechanically and for appearance quality.
- Must be able to concentrate and pay close attention to detail; good coordinating, organizing and scheduling skills.
- Knowledge of shop equipment, tools and facilities.
- Good verbal communications skills.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, honest, quick learner, good communication skills and team player
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including any days, shift, and weekends to ensure that the customer demand is met.
- Ability to learn new skills at a fast pace.
Who we are:
- Basic computer skills.
- Forklift experience preferred.
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".