Peerless Food Equipment is looking for a Welder to join our team! As a Welder, you will use applicable welding tools to weld industrial food equipment. This includes welding metal shapes or components and repairing broken or cracked metal objects.What you’ll do:
- Use applicable welding equipment to MIG, TIG and stick weld metal objects together to fabricate metal shapes or components or to repair broken or cracked metal objects.
- Work with any gauge metal on a variety of parts or assemblies.
- Use hand tools, clamps, jigs, fixtures and grinders.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Perform hand welding, guidelines or marks on metal parts and may cut metal with a cutting torch or plasma.
- May require certification or other work involving critical safety and load requirements.
- May select electrodes, tips and rods.
- Conduct job/product layout.
- Has a focus on personal safety as well as the safety of others; actively participates on assigned safety team.
- Responsible for the quality of work.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with formal trades training or a minimum of two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in TIG, MIG and stick welding as well as flame and plasma cutting.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, welding symbols, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must possess the ability to apply the concepts of basic algebra and geometry to their work.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hours without formal breaks
- Must be able to work in non-air-conditioned environment
- Weld Certification
- Grind and fabrication experience
- Experience operating an overhead crane
- Experience driving a fork truck
- 3 plus years welding MIG, TIG and stick weld metal
Who we are:
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".