Coperion is looking for a Field Service Technician
to join our team in Pitman, NJ
. As a Field Service Technician
you will be responsible for representing Coperion and providing assistance to customers and/or assigned personnel in the areas of installation, start-up, troubleshooting and maintenance phases of Coperion equipment at customer’s plant site or related designated areas. Offers expertise, guidance, and training to subordinates and co-workers.What you’ll do
- Represent Coperion in the capacity of Service Representative providing assistance and advice to customers and/or assigned personnel.
- Install, troubleshoot, overhaul and/or maintain gear boxes, lube oil systems, drive components, process sections, downstream equipment such as pelletizers, gear pump systems and other associated equipment.
- Assist customers to start-up newly installed equipment and train customer personnel as needed. Participation in classroom type training may be required.
- Ensure the satisfaction of all Coperion customers.
- Complete all trip reports and data sheets related to assignments as detailed as possible and in a timely manner.
- Discuss and recommend spare parts and service needs with customers.
- Keep accurate records and transmit them to the proper groups for action.
- Provide feedback on information received in the field on Coperion equipment and others.
- Forward any recommendation for service and equipment improvement to Field Service management for submittal to proper departments.
- Adhere to all customer safety and drug and alcohol control regulations and procedures
- Responsibilities will include travel throughout the USA, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, and overseas, and have valid passport.
- Must be willing to travel extensively in accordance with field service travel regulations.
- Must be willing to adapt to flexible working hours (holidays, weekends).
- 1+ years’ experience in Field Service or in-house Assembly or servicing of large capital equipment preferred
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering reports, drawings, office procedures, and instruction manuals is required.
- The ability to use standard tools.
- The ability to write clear, concise routine correspondence as well as comprehensive documents
- Knowledge of word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), PowerPoint.
Who we are:
- HMI (Human Machine Interface)
- Wonderware using RSLogix 5000 for programming
- Compact Logix/Allen Bradley
- Computer Networking
- Ethernet IP
- AC/DC Drives
- Allen Bradley VFD
- Bachelor's in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".