MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Supply Chain Manager - Spain. This individual will cultivate and maintain strong relationships with regional partners, overseeing projects pertaining to technology development, technology transfer, and scale-up initiatives within the realms of production, quality, and supply chain operations. Their primary objective is to facilitate seamless communication and project management between MycoWorks and its regional partners. Collaboration with our regional partners to facilitate alignment on strategies, streamlining processes, monitoring projects, proactively handling conflicts in scheduling will be key to the success of this role.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of effectively collaborating with a cross-functional team and managing projects that were delivered on-time and in-full.
This is a cross-functional role that will work with multiple organizations throughout MycoWorks, as well as external partners. This role will report to the Director of Supply Chain.
- Drive a “Zero Defect” culture in Safety and Quality
- Partner and lead cross-functional projects with Tannery Partners, Engineering, Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality Control, and R&D to ensure effective development and execution of technology transfers for both new product introductions and modifications
- Ensure that the technology transfer activities support business goals while also facilitating orderly and timely transition of said technology process that is scalable for operations, collaborating with tannery partners on efficacy of transfer plan
- Manage the Supply Chain team by safely and strategically managing materials, methods, systems, resources, and budgets to ensure all business objectives are met
- Implement operations, logistics, and warehouse/inventory control processes which ensure the availability of materials for an uninterrupted flow of production while maintaining inventory accuracy and targets.
- Maximize warehouse utilization and material replenishment to production by establishing optimum store's locations, methods for handling, proximity, and visual management.
- Manage Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning activities (SIOP) assuring accurate and efficient communications
- Define and analyze Supply Chain team’s key performance indicators including but not limited to inventory management, cycle counting, schedule adherence, On Time In Full (OTIF), and On Time Delivery (OTD)
- Manage the Supply Chain team members’ career development, performance management, health and safety adherence
- Manage the process engineering work plan, tailored to reduce top production losses and improve quality
- Facilitate root cause loss eliminate conversations targeted at top losses and ensure teams are prioritizing correctly to drive losses to Zero
- Ensure Material Management systems are maintained and support implementation of a new ERP
- Lead the Supply Chain team to build processes, evaluate effectiveness, and develop/implement continuous improvement plans
- Perform Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly gap analysis to validate all plans are on track, adjusting when necessary
- Manage discussion that lead to the resolution of technical issues
- Work with Process Development groups in validating process changes
- Assist the Quality department with the improvement of test methods that are tied to top Quality losses
- Drive company vision across all tanning and finishing operations
- Bachelors in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or related field of study
- 10+ years in Manufacturing, with concentration in Supply Chain and project management
- Bilingual in English and Spanish. French and Italian a plus.
- Understanding of local safety standards and how to drive an “Injury Free” workplace
- Prior leadership experience in SIOP processes within a manufacturing environment
- Proven record of both building successful goal-oriented teams and facilitating progressive organizational change in a growing organization
- Experience in building Supply Chain visibility tools and ERP implementation
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies, data analysis and root cause analysis tools. Formal training or certifications preferred
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools and ability to train the broader organization on their proper execution
- Ability to execute gap analyses and create focused action plans
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience with starting up new processes, equipment, and/or production lines
- Able to effectively give and receive feedback to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to make business decisions quickly while under pressure
- Ability to operate with incomplete information and implicit instruction
- Must be able to follow cleanroom and safety practices
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time