At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Regional Sales Manager for the West Region is a key contributor to advancing Beyond Meat’s mission in Foodservice. This role reports to the Sr. Regional Sales Manager or VP, Foodservice and is responsible for delivering net revenue, volume, distribution, and share growth objectives in the Commercial & Non-Commercial Foodservice Channel. (Includes: Onsite Retail Foodservice and Industrials). The right candidate is collaborative, enterprising, drives for results, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and willing to roll up their sleeves to win.
Sales & Business Acumen:
- Achieve assigned net revenue, volume, distribution, and share goals within established budget.
- Develop region business plan and prioritization to deliver Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Lead and influence the broker as an extension of their sales team.
- Ability to adapt national broker priorities into clearly communicated regional plans supported by the right tools, and consistent training that equips the broker to win.
- Directly owns the relationship of top strategic broadline distributors at each level of the organization to drive mutual growth.
- Work alongside key distributor leaders and stakeholders to develop joint category plans with quarterly execution initiatives.
- Develop sales programs and new product introductions for distributor reps and executes distributor events with brokers (food shows, sales meetings, etc.) that ensure new business and category leadership.
- Pursue new distributor partnerships to ensure seamless product availability in white space.
New Business Development:
- Ability to quickly develop new relationships with large regional chain partners, large leverage operators, and Non-Commercial operators.
- Has regional wiring relationships with Food Management Companies (Compass, Aramark, Sodexo) and GPO’s (I.e.. Premier) to accelerate new distribution.
- Develop segment priorities informed by business mix and share data within the region to grow white space.
Potential Supervisory Duties
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Complete OKRs, Quarterly Connects, and Annual Performance Appraisals.
- Minimum 5-7 years of proven CPG Foodservice sales, distributor, and regional key account management experience with branded value-added products.
- 3+ years of sales agency (broker) management experience with proven ability to drive results through influence.
- Strong business and financial acumen with trade budget management experience.
- Exceptional strategic sales and negotiation skills.
- Solid interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact, motivate, and engage effectively with internal as well as external contacts.
- High integrity and commitment to team.
- Results-oriented self-starter with a bias to action.
- Fluent in Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and trade management systems.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent military experience required.
- Must excel in multi-tasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced organization.
- Self-starter that works well independently and on a team.
- Up to 70% travel via driving air travel, and overnight stays.
- Ability to work out of a home office located within assigned region and within 50 miles of a major airport.
- Develops insights-based, category growth opportunities to create scalable initiatives to drive vertical and horizontal distribution, volume and execution in the On Premise.
- Candidate must live within the western part of the US; high preference for LA, San Francisco or San Diego Markets