Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package including contributory pension, private healthcare, performance related bonus and employee assistance programme .
Job Purpose and Impact
Location: Hull (HU6 7PH) – Position is a permanent, full time site-based role – Monday-Friday
You will have the unique opportunity to work at the heart of a rapidly growing business in Cargill BioIndustrial. We’ve been reliably selecting, modifying and reacting various nature-based chemistries to create specific, innovative solutions for our industrial customers. We draw on the whole Cargill portfolio of products and services to create solutions to help our customers increase performance, and lower costs – all in a responsible, sustainable manner .
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global organisation with a commitment to continuous improvement as part of the Product Development Team. You will partner closely with Operations, Engineering, Research & Development, Applications, Product Safety, Quality & Regulatory, Supply Chain and Procurement to run both lab-scale and plant-scale trials. These will be designed with the aim to optimise existing chemical processes to improve efficiency, yield and product quality. The lab-scale trials involve synthesis work, including the use of autoclaves for high pressure reactions. You will report to the local Product Development Leader who is based at the Hull site.
• Develop, implement and test standard operating procedures (SOPs) needed to build products efficiently, cost effectively and maximise right first time rates
• Conducting laboratory experiments to understand chemical reactions and improve process conditions
• Developing and implementing new technologies and process improvements to reduce costs, increase productivity and promote safety
• Optimise site manufacturing processes from laboratory to full scale production, in support of the site's requirements, including communciating the findings in technical reports
• Plan and organise multiple projects ranging in length and prioritise accordingly
• Monitoring and analyzing process data using statistical software to identify trends and troubleshoot issues
• Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with the site EHS policy, specific regulatory and laboratory requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry
• Demonstrated working knowledge of analytical instrumentation principles, and product characterization
• A focus on Safety / Good Lab Practice at all times
• Experience gained applied to Process Chemistry in a Manufacturing Environment – (Specialities, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Food) - other industries considered
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively as an individual and in a team environment to ensure collective goals met in a timely manner
• Attention to detail and accuracy in data analysis and reporting
• Postgraduate degree in Chemistry
• Experience in facilitation of Continuous Improvement events such as Kaizen, Six Sigma, Lean processes or statistical tools (e.g. Minitab) Familiarity with chemical process simulation software, such as Aspen Plus
• Understanding of safety regulations and environmental laws regarding Chemical Manufacturing
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/