Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Gain real experience. Learn from the best. See how your work matters.
Our internships are designed to prepare you for your career journey, not a final destination. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a community committed to providing you with a safe environment to learn, grow and cultivate your skills. With our expansive learning resources, our well-respected leaders, and our carefully curated development courses, you will be equipped to confidently solve tomorrow's global issues. And, truthfully, our future relies on you. Your innovative minds, your intentional collaboration, and your sincere desire to nourish the world. Your work may be local, but at Cargill, your impact will be global. Join our community to cultivate your curiosity, develop meaningful relationships and propel your career.
Beauty Research and Development Internship:
The Beauty Applications within Research and Development (R/D) function at Cargill will provide students the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a business environment. The internship program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn and work with Cargill business units/function to provide solutions to customers.
You will be assigned to a project or multiple projects that will be substantive in nature and will create exposure to a variety of work activities. Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Gain immediate hands-on work experience in one of the world’s largest agribusiness companies.
- Participate in orientation, networking, mentoring relationships and other opportunities targeted towards personal and professional development.
- Receive periodic and candid feedback on job performance.
Your internship project(s) will be focused on development of beauty applications and will present opportunities to –
- Execute hands-on laboratory work for developing skin care, hair care and oral care products following good laboratory practices. Formulations can include variety of cosmetics and over the counter products (OTC) from concept/ideation to finished product based on project needs.
- Conducting studies and testing for understanding properties and interactions of raw materials. Interpreting results of laboratory studies conducted.
- Maintaining thorough and accurate documentation and reports. Set product specifications and write manufacturing procedures.
- Conducting stability testing and other evaluation techniques-based studies for efficacy assessment of raw materials, complying with Cargill rules on EHS (environment, health and safety) and safety protocols.
During your internship experience, you will be assigned projects, participate in company events and community events, and will have the opportunity to network with and learn from different levels of company management. Upon completion of the summer, you will have the opportunity to present a summary of your learnings and experiences to management, your colleagues, and your peers.
- With comprehensive learning resources at your disposal, you can take your learning in any direction.
- As employees, interns receive access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off for volunteer activities.
- Throughout the internship, interns and co-ops are invited to participate in events that will give exposure to leadership, provide development opportunities, and offer the ability to network with cross-functional interns/co-ops across the U.S.
- Internships are typically 12 weeks in duration.
- Interns are paid hourly for time worked.
- Interns are responsible for transportation to and from work.
No matter who you are or where you are, we have resources to meet your needs. As an intern, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to support you and help you thrive. Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Paid time off
- Mental Health and Wellbeing program
- Digital Learning Library
- Housing and Relocation Assistance for those that qualify
Your development is our priority. With our outstanding global network, you will establish relationships, acquire mentors, and build your professional contacts. Our program encourages and orchestrates networking opportunities that will benefit you now and in your future career. During the internship, you will also receive consistent support from university recruiting staff, mentors, colleagues, and your supervisor.
Our Vibrant Community:
At Cargill, you will be a part of our vibrant global community with a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and enhance our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
Asian Alliance Network, Cargill Young Professionals Network, Cargill Ability Network (iCAN), Cargill Ebony Council, Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW), Hispanic-Latino Council, Cargill Pride Network, Veterans and Military Support Network, and Cargill Women’s Network.
- Summer before final year pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Cosmetic Science/Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related science/technology field graduating between December 2024 - May 2026
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2024)
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate to the Plymouth, MN for this internship opportunity
- Experience using basic chemical laboratory instrumentation
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical documents
- Proven ability to work optimally with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Overall 3.0 GPA preferred
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Cosmetic Science or Cosmetic Technology is preferred
- Personal care product development and formulation experience in skin, hair, and oral care categories
- Experience using cosmetic raw materials
- Ability to prioritize and manage a large workload with multiple priorities
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making
- Strong leadership and technical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.