Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Dairy Sales Intern
All candidates must complete Cargill’s online application prior to interviewing. Below you will find a link that will direct you to complete the application for this position. To be considered for employment with Cargill, you must apply online and complete the entire application process, along with an e-signature. Please complete your application as soon as possible.
Please note, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis with the possibility of filling the role before the application deadline. Please submit your application as soon as possible, so it may be reviewed to be considered for the position.
Gain real experience. Learn from the best. See how your work matters.
Our internships are designed to prepare you for your career journey, not a final destination. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a community committed to providing you with a safe environment to learn, grow and cultivate your skills. With our expansive learning resources, our well-respected leaders, and our carefully curated development courses, you will be equipped to confidently solve tomorrow's global issues. And, truthfully, our future relies on you. Your innovative minds, your intentional collaboration, and your sincere desire to nourish the world. Your work may be local, but at Cargill, your impact will be global. Join our community to cultivate your curiosity, develop meaningful relationships and propel your career.
Dairy Sales Internship
Cargill Animal Nutrition provides customized animal productivity solutions to commercial producers across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Rather than focusing on standardized nutrition products, we create customized ingredient blends and management programs to fit each situation. Our research-proven management and nutrition technologies suit the specific needs of our diverse array of customers. And our animal nutrition and management professionals offer the scope and creativity to serve the unique needs of each customer.
Our internship program enables you to learn more about Cargill Animal Nutrition and career opportunities for consultants. Meaningful projects, along with the chance to network with our employees and business partners, make this a valuable work experience. Our Dairy Consultants are responsible for interacting with clients and prospective customers, helping them understand how Cargill can provide solutions for them and improve their profitability.
Throughout your summer with us, you will be given extensive and ongoing training in the areas of nutrition, animal husbandry and sales. You will be using the latest computer technology and maintaining a computerized client data base. You will be involved in specific market-based projects designed to help support on farm monitoring of production performance.
- Responsible for a summer project to lead, organize, and complete.
- Shadowing or participating in ride-a longs with consultants.
- You will also gain exposure to functional parts of business.
- With comprehensive learning resources at your disposal, you can take your learning in any direction.
- As employees, interns receive access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities.
- Throughout the internship, interns and co-ops are invited to participate in events that will give exposure to leadership, provide development opportunities, and offer the ability to network with cross-functional interns/co-ops across Canada.
- Internships are paid and are at least 16 weeks in duration.
- Interns are paid hourly for time worked.
- Interns are responsible for transportation to and from work.
- Interns who demonstrate outstanding performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered an internship, co-op or full-time position to return the following year
No matter who you are or where you are, we have resources to meet your needs. As an intern, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to support you and help you thrive. Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Mental Health and Wellbeing program
- Digital Learning Library
- Housing assistance and relocation reimbursement is offered to those who qualify (based on mileage).
Your development is our priority. With our outstanding global network, you will establish relationships, acquire mentors, and build your professional contacts. Our program encourages and orchestrates networking opportunities that will benefit you now and in your future career. During the internship, you will also receive consistent support from university recruiting staff, mentors, colleagues, and your supervisor.
Our Vibrant Community
At Cargill, you will be a part of our vibrant global community with a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and enhance our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
- Lethbridge, AB
- Field setting
- Frequent travel by personal vehicle within assigned region, you will be reporting into specific offices, but we are flexible with location. You must have a safe driving history; a motor vehicle record history will be reviewed.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Animal Science, Ag Business, or related
- Able to complete a 16-week internship May - August 2024
- Possess a valid Canadian drivers licence in good standing authorizing you to drive independently during your employment
- Ability to work in environmental conditions where there is a potential exposure to sun, wind, rain, pollen, dust, and insects
- Proven ability to work optimally with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.