Reporting to the Sr Director of Research & Innovation for Plant-Based Yogurt and Yogurt Productivity, this position leads a team supporting the Danone Yogurt businesses. The incumbent is responsible for managing and developing a team of food scientists, managing a portfolio of product development projects with a focus on yogurt, cultured dairy and/or cultured dairy alternative products and representing R&I as a leader with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Directly manages a team of professional level product developers to include technical guidance, project and business advisement and career development.
- Provides technical expertise in food science and product development while supporting team in developing project briefs, timelines, risk assessments, technical plans/reports and project updates.
- Facilitates and fosters the ideation of possible new products, line extensions, and/or product reformulations with an emphasis on establishing points of difference versus competitors, promotion of nutrition/health/wellness and incorporating food safety/quality, creativity, and a passion for food.
- Plan, execute, and manage the development of prototype products in lab, pilot plant and at production facilities. Maintain stringent technical and experimental documentation.
- Source and maintain vendor relationships to secure the necessary ingredients that align with prevailing company standards. Evaluate new suppliers and/or ingredients.
- Support and drive global technical initiatives to support the long-term plant-based yogurt pipeline and strategy.
- Provide technical support to engineering and operations teams to troubleshoot manufacturing challenges.
- Facilitate needed sensory evaluations and consumer taste panels. Utilize consumer insights to improve product formulations and qualify new innovations.
- Ensure all developed products meet internal and external guidelines for nutrition, regulatory affairs, and food labeling.
- Own the commercialization of products from ideation through scale up and retail launch.
- Work with, and provide technical product leadership to, cross-functional teams including but not limited to Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Finance, Engineering, and Quality Assurance.
- Provide oral and written progress updates to stakeholders and business leaders. Must be able to clearly articulate technical product information in a format that is understandable to non-technical audiences.
- All other duties as assigned
The base compensation range for this position is $110,000-165,000commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options. To give our employees flexibility, Danone is a hybrid work environment.