About Purple Carrot
Purple Carrot started with just a seed of an idea in 2014. Our vision is a world where plant-based eating is at the core of living well. Every day, on this mission, we’re breaking boundaries with plant-based eating. We value learning from customers, an ownership mindset, integrity, winning together, and being bold. We need your expertise on our team to make things happen!
Purple Carrot’s irresistible, globally-inspired meal-kit recipes and prepared meals using fresh ingredients are available in the U.S. and Japan. We are a team of collaborative individuals who drive for results, strive for doing better, make good choices quickly, and embrace a growth mindset to win or learn. Here’s what you’re up for!
- Purple Carrot HQ is in Needham, MA and prefers local candidates to work in a hybrid model.
On the Plate
- Deliver frontend code and features in both web and mobile modalities
- Produce performant, extensible, and secure code to support new features
- Refactor existing code to improve performance, security, or adaptability
- Fully participate in agile requirement/design processes, estimation, refinement and other team duties
- Produce design documentation, participate in code reviews, author unit tests, and leverage QA process to ensure bug free code
- Mentor and collaborate with more junior developers, co-ops or interns in the course of development
- Develop full understanding of Purple Carrot’s business model and customer facing systems to deliver quality code in a timely manner
Main Ingredients for the Role
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with mobile development, particularly using React Native, 3+ years.
- Expertise leveraging API’s using REST/GraphQL to power frontend experience
- Knowledge and experience with mobile application management tools for Apple and Android as well as frontend QA tooling/best practices
- Experience with frontend specific tool integration, SEO, and optimization
- Ability to lead frontend development with more junior engineers, conduct code reviews, and collaborate with Product Management/UX to define features
- Ability to estimate work required for delivery of features, effectively collaborate and communicate with team members and stakeholders as needed
- Able to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and dynamic environment
Extra Special Sauce
- Expertise integrating/using frontend services/tools (CMS, Web Analytics, A/B testing, etc)
- Experience with AWS services, CI/CD tooling, and cloud infrastructure
- Experience and interest in delivering full-stack features, backend code
- Experience with QA process and best practices for secure and performant code
- Ecommerce B2C experience, supply chain, marketing applications
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, FSA, and life insurance), matching retirement plan, unlimited paid time off, Purple Carrot box allowance, professional development, and the opportunity to work in collaboration with teammates who are passionate about food!
Purple Carrot’s top priority is protecting the health and wellbeing of our team and candidates. The majority of our interviews and assessments occur virtually. If there is a need to interview onsite, we follow COVID-19 guidance from the CDC, WHO, and any state guidelines .
We are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment, free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, handicap, veteran status, or marital status.