Sabra makes America’s most iconic and beloved hummus and a delicious range of plant-based dips and spreads. We are dedicated to uniting and delighting the world around planet-positive food.
Sabra was founded in 1986 in Astoria, Queens and is headquartered in White Plains, New York. Sabra’s 500+ team members proudly produce hummus in Chesterfield County, Virginia, taking great care to ensure the highest-quality hummus is ready to go home with you. From party time to snack time, Sabra is always a feel-good food.
Sustainability is in our roots. Sabra hummus is made with chickpeas grown on family-farms in the Pacific Northwest. The chickpea is not only a nutritional powerhouse but an agricultural treasure, pulling nitrogen from the atmosphere and depositing nutrients into the soil for future crops to consume, making the world a better place one chickpea at a time. Our commitment to the planet drives the ingredients we source, the products we produce, the choices we make and the way we engage with one another and with our community.
People are at the core of how we grow and create value; leading with diversity, equity and inclusion contributes directly to our shared success. We are always looking for talented people who share our passion for nourishing our bodies, our souls, and our communities. If you are interested in learning more about career opportunities at Sabra, visit our career site.Dip Into Your Role
Recipe for Success
- Month-end close tasks including review of financial statements, consolidated statements, and maintaining general ledger account reconciliation schedules.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports in an accurate and timely manner and understand the impacts of account activity.
- Assist with analytics and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations.
- Applies accounting concepts and suggested accounting treatment for the purpose of developing/ improving company accounting policies / practices.
- Communicate with international business units on a regular basis regarding accounting policy and financial statements.
- Work cross functionally with other departments to support the accounting close process.
- Develops processes, workbooks, training /instruction manuals and other tools for use in our international markets which is essential for timely and efficient financial reporting.
- Collecting data/reports for monthly sales tax returns and federal filings and work with external tax teams for all relevant filings.
- Assist with year-end audit, prepare supporting documentation, and address auditors' questions.
- Effectively ensure compliance with all internal controls and monitoring performance.
- Reviews balance sheet and profit & loss financial statements to identify and resolve accounting issues / errors during month-end closing process.
- Assist with other accounting projects, audit requests, and ad-hoc tasks.
- Support the Accounting team in enhancing the Company’s existing accounting procedures and process automation.
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in Public Accounting or in a General Accounting role, CPG experience and CPA is a plus.
- Independent thought-leader; self-motivated and self-directed work style; ability to work with a diverse team.
- Ability to thrive in a high paced work environment, pay close attention to detail and meet business- driven deadlines.
- Seek and execute opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various level in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Salary Range: $120,000-$160,000
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.