Nobell Foods is creating cheese and other dairy products from plant-derived dairy proteins for the 99% of people who are unwilling to compromise on taste and price. Nobell is made up of a team of passionate scientists, explorers, and storytellers on a mission to radically change the way we make food, so it’s better for you, the animals, and the planet. We are backed by Bill Gates’ client fund Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and Robert Downey Jr. If you believe in our mission and are excited about our work, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a senior research scientist to join our protein characterization and purification team. You will play an essential role on our multidisciplinary R&D team by developing and scaling protein extraction and purification methods. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic problem-solver with a collaborative mindset. Proficiency in a wide range of biochemistry and protein purification is preferred.
- Implement and optimize plant-based recombinant protein purification
- Collaborate within the protein characterization and production team and across our multidisciplinary network to explore protein purification pathways and identify processes that can be leveraged to improve scaling.
- Analyze purified proteins with SDS-PAGE, the Western blot, HPLC and other biochemical methods.
- Aid in troubleshooting of protein production protocols.
- Maintain inventory of consumables and schedules for equipment maintenance.
- Effectively communicates experimental results to supervisor and the team
- Clearly documents and maintains laboratory notebooks and computer documentation
Education and experience requirements:
- Life Science or similar discipline (biology, biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology, etc.).
- B.S. with + 5 years experience, or M.S. with + 2 years of work experience in a laboratory setting.
- Experience working with recombinant protein expression
- Experience extracting, purifying, and characterizing proteins from plants and seeds would be desirable.
- Hands-on experience in chromatography would be a plus.
- Fundamental and applied knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful, eager to learn, and team-oriented, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner.
The pay range is currently between $80,000 to $110,000 annual gross compensation. Within the range, individual pay is determined by many factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Nobell Foods offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401(k) and commuter benefits.