WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance coverage for PLANTA employees.
- A generous paid parental leave package of up to 4 weeks.
- Work/life balance is a priority — annual PTO starts 90 days after date of employment.
- No limit on referral bonuses for sending Leadership and Team Members our way, paid after 180 days of successful employment.
- Tuition and professional certification program assistance up to $2,500 — we want you to reach your goals.
- ClassPass Wellness & Fitness membership (because healthful hedonism is a lifestyle).
- 50% off delicious plant-powered food at all full-service PLANTA concepts: PLANTA, PLANTA Queen, and PLANTA Cocina.
- Exciting career growth & development opportunities as part of an ever-expanding company: new restaurants and new positions are always on the horizon.
is building a team of inclusive, strategic and dynamic leaders that embody a leadership style that promotes equity, productivity and workplace satisfaction. Our mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT
. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences; it’s our duty to develop our team of professionals to become the next industry leaders; it’s our quest to find the finest ingredients; it’s our social responsibility to become a more sustainable organization every day.
What you will find at PLANTA
is passion without pretense; a unique group that loves coming to work every day, shouts good morning, rolls up their sleeves and works together to create innovative techniques to redefine hospitality.EXECUTIVE CULINARY LEADER:
The Executive Culinary Leader will be responsible for leading a team and maintaining food quality, consistency, inventory, and cost.WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Communicates with chef/sous chef and other Team Members to learn of daily menu needs, events, and important shift information.
- Conducts walk-through of restaurant upon arrival to assess cleanliness and determine restaurant readiness; assesses stock and production status; determines production needs; visits each station to assess quality of previous night’s close and quality of remaining product and communicates this with other Team Members and managers/chefs.
- Conducts walk-throughs during each shift in order to monitor each station’s product quality, the status of production, and ingredient supply (including walk-in refrigerator).
- Ensures stations are appropriately staffed and stocked before the restaurant opens and throughout shifts. Conducts uniform and line check at the start of and throughout each shift.
- Executes staff schedules; ensures that all stations are appropriately staffed for the shift; ensures a smooth shift change following established procedures; assesses stations that need additional support and jumps in; phases out extra scheduled staff as volume permits; runs labour reports and enters staff schedule changes, adjusts clock in/out errors of Team Members when necessary.
- Communicates with Team Members and other managers/chefs to plan and set expectations for the shift.
- Communicates with chefs and managers to ensure required prep work is completed for each shift.
- Ensures proper safety and sanitation procedures are upheld by all Team Members; ensures safe and sanitary workstations and walk-in.
- Reads and writes notes in Manager’s Log, on waste sheets, etc.
- Reviews all daily and weekly reports (e.g., actual vs. projected report, production sheets, inventory/invoices, daily detailed labor report), and communicates restaurant’s results.
- Achieves continual growth in operational standards as demonstrated by improved efficiency and quality of food and kitchen operations.
- Ensures benchmarks are achieved for Team Member development and retention.
- Performs various human resource functions; sources qualified candidates from the local area; holds departmental meetings to give direction and provide information to Team Members; observes Team Members’ on-the-job performance and conducts kitchen Team Member performance evaluations; is accountable for kitchen hiring, routine written performance appraisals, discipline and terminations.
- Teaches culinary skills and proper technique, trains and supervises team members on all restaurant procedures; teaches and coaches while correcting Team Members; helps create and maintain written goals and benchmarks for self and Team Member development, analyzes the performance of Team Members while on the job.
- Helps achieve profit objectives by measuring and managing food, waste and labor costs and controllable expenses; analyzes production sheets; minimizes waste and labor costs; monitors receivable pricing and makes price changes when necessary; checks specs on deliveries; understands and achieves financial goals. Checks portioning, garnishing, temperature, taste, and appearance of food to ensure quality and recipe adherence.
- Operates and maintains the working order of all equipment in the kitchen; troubleshoots equipment, and organizes repairs and maintenance.
- Is responsible for kitchen inventory and purchasing; ensures that there is enough product on hand to complete daily production; orders new stock; purchases special order supplies if necessary; ensures proper rotation and labeling of ingredients and products.
- Understands and interprets P&Ls and other financial statements.
- Interacts with FOH Team Members and Guests by greeting them, providing service, answering questions, solving problems, and handling complaints.
- Manages freezer and walk-in, assesses first use needs in walk-in to ensure reduced product waste; ensures all freezer pulls are performed pro-actively.
- Protects the integrity of all recipes and procedures.
- Follows established procedures to obtain results and ensures proper opening and closing procedures and proper station set-up compliance.
- Adjusts PAR levels as appropriate; ensures accuracy of production sheets; anticipates and communicates production changes to Team Members immediately.
- Reviews invoices to ensure accuracy, correcting errors if necessary.
At PLANTA we do not tolerate any form of discrimination in the workplace, including during the recruitment stages. As such, all applications are viewed by our diverse recruitment team that uses a holistic and equitable approach. PLANTA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.
- 4+ years of Culinary management experience in a comparable restaurant
- Plant-based, vegan or vegetarian experience is an asset
- Fully understand and embody Chase Hospitality Group’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Ability to lead and motivate others, and build a diverse and effective team.
- A proactive team player that embodies our spirit of entrepreneurship and mutual respect
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Results-oriented and impeccably organized
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Have extensive knowledge on cooking temperatures and general food safety regulations
- Demonstrates exceptional energy and stamina; upholds the highest quality standards for food, service and financial management and kitchen operations.
- Excellent food preparation techniques and strong attention to detail
- Culinary degree/diploma and/or the equivalent in education and experience is an asset
- Full time flexible hours are required (days, nights, weekends, holidays)
More detail about PLANTA Queen part of PLANTA, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/313545-planta-queen