WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance coverage for PLANTA employees.
- A generous paid parental leave package of up to 4 weeks.
- Work/life balance is a priority — annual PTO starts 90 days after date of employment.
- No limit on referral bonuses for sending Leadership and Team Members our way, paid after 180 days of successful employment.
- Tuition and professional certification program assistance up to $2,500 — we want you to reach your goals.
- ClassPass Wellness & Fitness membership (because healthful hedonism is a lifestyle).
- 50% off delicious plant-powered food at all full-service PLANTA concepts: PLANTA, PLANTA Queen, and PLANTA Cocina.
- Exciting career growth & development opportunities as part of an ever-expanding company: new restaurants and new positions are always on the horizon.
is building a team of inclusive, strategic, and dynamic leaders that embody a leadership style that promotes equity, productivity, and workplace satisfaction. Our mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT.
We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage, and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences; it’s our duty to develop our team of professionals to become the next industry leaders; it’s our quest to find the finest ingredients; it’s our social responsibility to become a more sustainable organization every day.
What you will find at PLANTA
is passion without pretense; a unique group that loves coming to work every day shouts good morning, rolls up their sleeves, and works together to create innovative techniques to redefine hospitality.BAR MANAGER
Reporting to the Restaurant Leader, the Bar Manager will focus on ensuring consistency across all beverage menus, cost optimization with purchasing, and case deals. This individual will be well versed in traditional and contemporary cocktails and enjoys experimenting with new ideas, techniques, and pairings. They understand the complexity of the bar and thrive to be an influential leader to develop and mentor their team.WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming, and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Monthly Inventory: ordering, price updates, accurate par levels, manage overpours
- Bar cleanliness and checklists
- Quality Control: drinks are properly made and garnishes look fresh
- Drink Times: strive for 2 minute drink time standard, identify and suggest improvements for bottlenecks
- Sales Goals: set goals for cocktails, wine, and beer. Think of creative ways to encourage upsells. Bar promotional ideas.
- Music, Lighting, and Entertainment: coordinate DJ, ensure volume/lighting is appropriate for the time of day/night
- Staff Education: new item review, pairing discussions, boost wine knowledge/wine service, confirm that drinks are appropriately priced in POS and modification options are consistent/clear to the bartender
- Extensive knowledge of mixing classic and modern cocktails
- Training and development of the bar team
- Upholding all standards and expectations set out by management and PLANTA leadership
- Manage shift schedule to control labor cost
- Manage bar inventory to control beverage costs
- Conduct and maintain accurate records on beer counts, draft usage, waste, inventory, bar costs, and P.O.S
- Conduct weekly inventories to ensure an adequate supply of beverages and supplies
- Oversee and direct purchasing operations of ingredients and liquor including negotiations with suppliers
- Creating a positive experience for all our guests and for the rest of the team by being professional, focused, and reliable.
- Maintaining a clean, polished, and presentable workspace
- Managing guests and resolving conflict
- Implement and adhere to the Health and Safety policies outlined in the Health and Safety Program.
At PLANTA we do not tolerate any form of discrimination in the workplace, including during the recruitment stages. As such, all applications are viewed by our diverse recruitment team that uses a holistic and equitable approach. PLANTA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.
- 3-4 years of supervisory experience in an upscale fine dining establishment
- Superior understanding and hands-on experience in cocktail culture and infusion of drinks
- Having strong attention to detail and the ability to retain and clearly articulate details of both the food and beverage menu
- Experience in creating syrups, garnishes, and cocktail menu development
- Having a solid grasp on wine, spirits, and beverages as well as food knowledge
- Strong business acumen, including an understanding of budgets and operating costs
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Fully understand and embody PLANTA’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- A proactive team player that embodies our spirit of entrepreneurship and mutual respect
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree / Higher Education Qualification. Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality, WSET, Prud’homme, or equivalent considered an asset
- Results-oriented and impeccably organized
More detail about PLANTA South Beach part of PLANTA, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/147926-planta-south-beach