Urban Remedy is a plant-based organic food company that embodies the belief that Food is Healing. We were founded by Neka Pasquale, a licensed Acupuncturist who saw first-hand the healing power of food with her patients. Utilizing the ancient principles of Chinese & Ayurvedic medicine combined with the latest innovations in functional medicine Urban Remedy was born. Grounded in the power of clean eating we are certified organic and non-GMO with the goal of creating the cleanest and most delicious offerings to empower people to be their best selves. Our recipes utilize ingredients that are naturally anti-inflammatory and low glycemic without preservatives, fillers, refined flours, sugars, oils, gluten or dairy. You can feel proud of our offerings knowing we pride ourselves in transparency, authenticity, and providing a valuable service to the community.
Urban Remedy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- This position will be a hybrid of working on site as well as remote. S alary is competitive and dependent on education, certifications, additional skills, and number of years in profession.
- Manage procurement of certified organic fresh fruits, vegetables, and dry ingredients to meet company production needs.
- Confirm price, quantity and schedule delivery date with vendor, warehouse and carriers for every order.
- Enter and confirm purchase orders in computer system and email to vendor prior to product delivery.
- Minimize freight costs by consolidating orders and maximizing order cycles.
- Follow-up and confirm daily delivery schedules with vendor/suppliers and carriers to ensure that deliveries occur in a time to meet production schedules.
- Coordinate and schedule in-bound delivery with Warehouse to ensure storage requirements can be met and personnel are available.
- Communicate problem situations and possible solutions to Operations, & Production.
- Reconcile invoicing errors and provide back-up documentation for inventory movement to accounts payable within invoice terms and for month-end closing.
- Setup and maintain accurate planning parameters for product categories managed in company ERP computer system, record-keeping systems of purchase items, co-packer production and inventory levels.
- For cost effectiveness and service requirements, research and initiate new freight carriers and component vendors/suppliers.
- Support and follow all company safety requirements.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- An understanding of personal GMPs and will execute as trained.
- As a member of various food safety teams, will execute duties as required.
**QUALIFICATIONS**The Ideal Candidate
- 3-5 years of business experience in purchasing, inventory and materials planning within the food manufacturing industry and specifically with organic produce and ingredients.
- Good organization and communication skills, including good phone skills and proper email etiquette.
- Can establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people, frequently in situations requiring tact, patience and diplomacy.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment, managing numerous details and interruptions.
- Able to interpret and explain company purchasing policies.
- Ability to use initiative and sound judgment in solving problems related to accomplishing results smoothly, cost-effectively and on time.
- Ability to organize workload to accomplish work within prescribed time limits.
- Operate as a team player committed to purchasing department and individual goals.
- On call as needed.
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred
**Technical Skills Required**
- Purchasing, inventory and materials planning within the food manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of fresh produce and dry ingredient pack types, quality standards and specs.
- Knowledge of organic certification and organic produce preferred.
- Small to start-up company experience preferred.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and MRP/ERP systems.
- Math and accounting skills required.
- High School Diploma, 2-years of college education and/or business experience preferred.
- CPIM Certification preferred.