We’re looking to hire a talented, self-motivated individual for a part-time (15 hours/week) spring internship that will support the development and execution of PR and Influencer strategy. This role will directly interact with key internal and external partners to assist with media relations, influencer marketing, and report on current industry trends.
This position is based out of our headquarters in the Arts District in Downtown Los Angeles and works in the office at least once a week.
By the end of the internship, you will:
- Have a solid understanding of the PR and influencer landscape
- Reach new influencer partners, creating a deeper resonance with a younger audience
- Confidently present data and recommendations in team settings
- Learn to bring to life Califia’s brand voice and positioning
- Manage press inbox and respond to press and influencer inquiries
- Research food & beverage/plant-based industry product launches, announcements, and trends
- Help facilitate bi-weekly media report email that is sent out internally
- Assist with planning for Natural Products Expo West, the leading trade show in the natural, organic, and healthy products industry
Influencer Marketing Support
- Support the team in discovering influencer partners on TikTok and Instagram to drive brand awareness and engagement
- Support key initiatives by assisting with ongoing influencer campaigns and placing product orders for celebrity, VIP, and influencer fans
- Assist Senior Communications Associate with monthly reporting on influencer performance
The ideal candidate is creative, has a pulse on the food & beverage industry, has a keen interest in marketing for a values-driven organization, and possesses a basic knowledge of marketing principles through coursework or prior work experience.
- Candidates are typically pursuing a bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field
- Excellent attention to details with strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with excellent follow through and task completion
- Strong oral and written communication skills – writing samples may be requested
- Strong team player, ability to work with diverse cross-functional teams
- Problem solver, able to work independently to produce quality results
- Thrives in fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Able to commute to Califia Farms office at least one day a week (Arts District, Los Angeles)
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.