Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants. We’re building a rockstar team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to saving our planet.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it).
The Regulatory Affairs Manager will handle product compliance in domestic and international markets and be expected to provide guidance to the business on how to implement company compliance with global regulations. This job supports the Regulatory Affairs group in company efforts including, but not limited to, interpreting US Food and Drug Administration and USDA applicable regulations.
Essential job functions:
- Responsible for handling ingredient reviews and approving new ingredient suppliers.
- Ability to use in-depth knowledge of ingredients to identify potential issues during product development.
- Directs the application of existing regulations to develop or ideate new product claims to achieve business directives.
- Reviews and approves product labels and marketing assets for regulatory compliance.
- Experience in managing Child Nutrition label programs and coordinating efforts across manufacturing teams, as well as with outside manufacturing partners.
- Ability to communicate effectively with government officials regarding company objectives.
- Acts as a regulatory representative on core product development teams, communicates regulatory requirements and impacts of regulations to the development team.
- Experience in preparing foreign and domestic submissions to achieve departmental and organizational objectives.
- Maintains ongoing surveillance and analysis of all pertinent domestic and international regulations to ensure submission requirements world-wide are current, up-to-date.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and distill complex regulations and provide an appropriate level of detail to business groups and leaders.
- Provides solutions to issues in creative and effective ways.
- Develops and maintains databases and regulatory resources for cross functional teams.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Minimum BA or BS degree in applicable scientific fields.
- Requires 5-10 years of technical/regulatory experience in the food industry
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast paced changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
- MS degree preferred in food related field.
- Experience with biotech food start up.
- Familiar with international food regulations.
- Experience with the creation of nutrition panels, including the regulations surrounding them.
$124,000 - $157,000 a year
For positions based in Redwood City and Oakland, we offer the above salary range + equity + benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
Impossible Foods offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment or interview process, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or call 855-877-6365. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email inbox will not be accepted.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.