The Manufacturing Engineering Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of the programming, tooling, and mfg. engineering departments, facilitating efficient manufacturing operations across the organization.Work You’ll Do:
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Collaborates with other managers and leadership to set and assess priorities across teams.
- Assesses cost effectiveness and feasibility of manufacturing processes; makes and implements recommendations to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supervises tooling operations, ensuring all work is performed accurately and according to quality and safety standards.
- Assist with Quality Control and Quality assurance for our products.
- Provide shop floor technical support.
- Oversee the design and assist to procure manufacturing fixtures with suppliers.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor and/or other appropriate leadership with programs, activities, and responsibilities of the maintenance department.
- Assists to ensures compliance with health and safety laws, regulations, and guidelines, including EPA and OSHA requirements.
- Perform engineering work or adapting methods to improve manufacturing production.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Being part of the site management team
- Will support manufacturing teams
- Works closely with manufacturing team leads, quality, maintenance and the site manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Management, or equivalent experience in manufacturing engineering field, required.
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing engineering supervisory experience.
Who we are:
- Thorough understanding of plant engineering, industrial engineering, and tooling.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to assist in preparation of budgets and records.
- Proficient with CAD systems, AutoCad and SolidWorks is a plus
- Proficient with ERP systems, QAD is a plus
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at email@example.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".