Tiamat Sciences Corp. is growing the next generation of biomolecules using plants as bioreactors. Thanks to our proprietary platform, we can manufacture a wide range of high-value proteins, from antigens to growth factors. Our mission is to remove animal-based reagents and processes from cell culture technologies. We are currently working with awesome companies to bring Cellular Agriculture products and new medicines to the market and we are looking for an amazing Research Associate I to join our team based in North Carolina.
In this position, your main tasks will be (but not limited to):
- You'll perform exciting projects & experiments (Cloning/Transfection/Bacteria cultivation/Protein expression, extraction & purification, DNA&RNA extractions, Gene expression studies)
- You'll produce Tiamat's products daily & participate in the technological improvements.
- You'll perform quality testing (protein extraction/ SDS-Page/Western blot/ELISA/Cell culture)
- You'll manage lab equipment and supplies.
- You’ll take care of the plants.
- You are a Technician in Molecular Biology and BioChemistry
- You have 2 to 5 years of wet-lab experience (molecular cloning, protein purification)
- You have extensive experience in preparing media, buffers, and titrations.
- You are able to conduct laboratory-based calculations such as ELISAs and protein purity.
- You have experience in plasmid design, cloning and restriction analysis, PCR, plasmid purification, Sanger sequencing.
- You can optimize protocols and work independently.
- An experience in plant transformation and plant cell culture will be an asset.
- You are passionate about science and truly interested in what you do.
- You can find solutions to any problem; you see opportunities where others see issues.
- You are comfortable with changes, and you know how to adjust quickly.
- You are not afraid to ask questions to get to the bottom of things.
- You communicate efficiently with your coworkers, and you are not afraid of sharing doubts and issues.
- You are results-oriented, and you can provide recurrent reports highlighting your results.
- You are an explorer able to build things from scratch and learn along the way.
- You are a quick learner with solid adaptability capacities.
- You are able to multi-task and troubleshoot.
On top of a competitive salary based on your skills and experience, Tiamat offers you
- A company culture based on innovation, integrity, and empathy
- An excellent offer of Company-sponsored benefits (medical, dental, vision) for you (100% covered) and your family (50% covered)
- Tax advantage savings with HSA and FSA benefits
- An equity award to purchase shares of Tiamat's common stock and hold an ownership stake in the company
- The possibility to grow along with the company
- A CARE package with 20 days of PTO, 12 days of sick leave, and 3 months of Maternity/Paternity leave
- An annual team building with an amazing multicultural team
OUR ENGAGEMENT FOR A SAFE AND WELCOMING WORKPLACE
We are committed to offering a work environment where you can strive regardless of your race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, or gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and happy to train passionate candidates, even if your experience does not perfectly match this job description requirement.