Want to help drive a revolution in synthetic biology? Triplebar's breakthrough products touch every aspect of our daily lives, from food to medicine to materials. We envision a future where biology allows us to feed, heal, and house ourselves in a sustainable and scalable way.
We’re looking for an innovative Scientist (all levels) to join our early stage startup. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, diverse, multidisciplinary team and work to develop world-class technology to revolutionize synthetic biology!
We are looking for a talented Scientist to lead our efforts to develop animal cell lines across the breadth of our product portfolio. In our food and nutrition portfolio, we develop animal cell lines to provide sustainable nutrition globally. You’ll own the technical development of projects, and will be a key intellectual and practical driver of these ideas within the company. You will work closely with our diverse technical team of Scientists and Engineers to develop novel assays and development strategies. In addition, you will interface with both the commercial part of our team as well as external partners. You should be comfortable living at the intersection of cutting edge technology and market needs, delivering the solutions that make Triplebar’s products valuable to the world.
- Establish our vision and strategy for how we develop animal cell lines to enable production of sustainable and economical cultivated meat
- Use the Triplebar platform to optimize cell lines to critical metrics (e.g. suspension growth, doubling time, density)
- Continuous improvement of the Triplebar platform for cell line development
- Serve as a technical project lead in the above areas
- Integrate your team’s work tightly with the assay development, screening, and data science to ensure smooth transitions between project phases and to enable rich learning datasets to accelerate our progress with every cycle
- Work extremely closely with the commercial parts of our team to ensure products are developed to meet customer requirements
- Collaborate with external teams (partners, customers, and vendors) to ensure successful product launch
- Live by and communicate Triplebar’s values of: one team, transparency, ownership, courage, and continuous improvement
- Contribute to building an exciting and successful start-up company
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, developmental biology, tissue engineering or related disciplines, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of post academic specialized research in engineering and improving mammalian or other animal cell lines
- Experience successfully running projects developing cell lines for applications such as tissue engineering, biologics production, or drug screening
- Scientific curiosity and a desire to be primarily in the lab
Preferred Skills and Background
- Experience working in a start-up environment, where you’ve operated with a high level of ownership and collaboration in a fast-paced culture
- Experience in an Agile Development environment that values self-motivated teams and frequent iteration tightly linked to customer needs
- Experience developing culturing, screening or other analytical approaches for mammalian cells in a microfluidics environment
- Familiarity with scale-up and manufacturing of animal cell-based products
The annual base pay range for this position is anticipated to be $125,000 - $160,000 however the base pay offered may vary depending on location, market, job related knowledge, skills and experience. The total compensation package for this position also includes equity and benefits.