Want to help drive a revolution in synthetic biology? Triplebar's breakthrough products touch every aspect of our daily lives, from food to medicine to materials, and we envision a future where biology allows us to feed, heal, and house ourselves in a sustainable and scalable way. We’re looking for an outstanding Research Associate to join our early stage startup. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, diverse, multidisciplinary team and join in developing world-class technology to revolutionize synthetic biology.
As a full-time Research Associate with Triplebar Bio you will directly contribute to our R&D efforts by learning and operating technology that is core to our business. Your attention to detail will guarantee high-quality experimentation, robust data collection and ownership of results for company-critical programs. You will be encouraged to work cross-functionally to expand your skill sets and develop into a leadership role within our growing company.
- Play a key role in building an exciting and successful start-up company.
- Responsible for the execution and management of Triplebar’s proprietary high-throughput technology.
- Work closely with biologists and engineers to support research and development efforts.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and communicate technical issues when they arise.
- Document experiments in electronic notebooks.
- Own results by making data-driven decisions, presenting results, and documenting findings.
- Adhere to safety guidelines, equipment procedures and chemical handling guidelines.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor's degree in biochemistry, bioengineering, chemistry or related field. 1+ years of relevant lab experience.
- Basic wet-lab skills, including sterile sample handling, pipetting, formulating reagents.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize work.
- Strong communication skills: listening, speaking, writing, and interacting.
- Ability to work in a team environment, encouraging productive collaboration.
- Some weekend work will be required (either regular shifted schedule or on a rolling basis).
- Experience in high-throughput screening.
- Experience with advanced instrumentation (e.g. flow cytometer, microscopy, chromatography).
- Data analysis experience.
The annual base pay range for this position is anticipated to be $60,000 - $100,000 however the base pay offered may vary depending on location, market, job related knowledge, skills and experience. The total compensation package for this position also includes equity and benefits.