As Head of Production Ops, you are responsible for leading all aspects of bioprocess operations within the organization. This includes leading meetings of a team of scientific/technical professionals, organizing the bioprocess schedule, driving strategic planning for production, optimizing bioprocessing workflows, ensuring alignment with EVERY’s Program/Project Structure, drive OKRs and Goal setting for the team, and driving process improvements. This role plays a critical project management role in ensuring our Production and R&D organizations successfully meet company deadlines through manufacturing production while encouraging collaboration, and increasing efficiency. Most importantly, be the point person for all technical production needs at the company.
You have appropriate scientific knowledge to communicate with engineers and scientists on day-to-day tasks and project priorities.This may include but not limited to bioprocessing technologies, molecular biology, genetic engineering, and biochemistry. You have the technical skills of using scientific data to inform decisions with bioprocess engineering teams but also understand the big picture of business implications to guide team leads through prioritization and planning. You will also report and define core KPIs of bioprocessing operations and determine areas of operational improvements.
Strategic & Technical Roadmap Planning
- Lead and present strategic planning processes to enable technical and production goals, milestones.
- Manage resources, including personnel, budget, equipment, and materials, to meet production goals and timelines.
- Monitor and control bioprocessing expenses within budgetary constraints.
Relationship, Stakeholder Management, Communication
- Effective ability to understand personalities, working styles and reach a consensus in any highly complex, matrixed, or hierarchical environment.
- Effective communicator to influence, drive decision making, and condensing complex ideas into simple easy to understand concepts.
Program & Project Management
- Lead our TechOps structure and all major work streams within the structure to ensure full alignment of our internal R&D, production, supply chain, manufacturing teams to scale up and transfer processes to production.
- Lead management of bioprocessing projects with the project leads from initiation to completion, ensuring timely delivery and resource allocation.
- Lead scheduling and prioritization of major experiments, bioreactors runs, and cell culture with the TechOps core team.
- Knowledge and experience with building and leveraging templates or workforce tools to help manage projects (i.e. Decision Matrix, GANTT charts, RACI matrix).
Documentation and Reporting, KPI Management
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of bioprocess activities, deviations, and outcomes.
- Act as a reporting function to leadership and outwards to other forums.
- Prepare and present reports on bioprocess performance to senior management.
- Analyze performance metrics and KPIs to identify areas for enhancement.
Process Optimization and Continuous Improvement
- Provide and identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency gains. Implement strategies to enhance productivity and reduce costs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive process improvements with a focus on user experience.
What you bring (required)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Bioprocess Engineering, Biotechnology, Biology, Engineering or a related field
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in bioprocess operations.
Strong knowledge of bioprocessing principles, including cell culture, fermentation, and purification techniques.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Project management experience is required. Proficiency in relevant software tools and data analysis techniques.
Nice-to-have (but not required)
- PhD in Bioprocess Engineering, Biotechnology, Biology, Engineering, or Biochemistry.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Comprehensive benefits: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Tasty perks: Weekly catered lunches
- Customizable options: FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Work-life harmony: Flexible PTO and 10+ paid company holidays per year
- Onsite conveniences: Free parking and unlimited gym access
- Energizing refreshments: Unlimited sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Exciting socials: Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Open communication: Monthly all-hands meetings and direct access to CEO and leadership
- Ideal location: Close to Daly City BART and Caltrain stations
Pay Range: $190,367 - 214,319
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.