Why You'll Love Working With Us
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance coverage for PLANTA employees.
- A generous paid parental leave package of up to 4 weeks.
- Work/life balance is a priority — annual PTO starts 90 days after date of employment.
- No limit on referral bonuses for sending Leadership and Team Members our way, paid after 180 days of successful employment.
- Tuition and professional certification program assistance up to $2,500 — we want you to reach your goals.
- ClassPass Wellness & Fitness membership (because healthful hedonism is a lifestyle).
- 50% off delicious plant-powered food at all full-service PLANTA concepts: PLANTA, PLANTA Queen, and PLANTA Cocina.
- Exciting career growth & development opportunities as part of an ever-expanding company: new restaurants and new positions are always on the horizon.
is building a team of inclusive, strategic and dynamic individuals that embody a leadership style that promotes equity, productivity and workplace satisfaction. Our mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT
. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences; it’s our duty to develop our team of professionals to become the next industry leaders; it’s our quest to find the finest ingredients; it’s our social responsibility to become a more sustainable organization every day.
What you will find at PLANTA
is passion without pretense; a unique group that loves coming to work every day, shouts good morning, rolls up their sleeves and works together to create innovative techniques to redefine hospitality.PAYROLL SPECIALIST
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this individual will be responsible for reviewing and processing payroll for our concepts within Canada & US. This successful individual will be well versed in provincial and state regulations to ensure we are compliant and legally abiding to all payroll processes and records.What's On Your Plate
Ingredients You'll Bring To The Table
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees strive for perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Accurately review and process Payroll in accordance with company and regulatory requirement for 500+ employees across 8 legal entities in Canada and US, hourly and salaried, and with multiple collective agreements.
- Process manual/off-cycle pays as required, terminations (ROE’s and vacation pays)
- Process various regulatory reporting, including ROEs, WSIB remittances, wage garnishments, employment verification requests and new hiring report
- Process and oversee year end reporting and tax form (T4, RL1, W-2, etc)
- Process special payrolls including benefit and year end adjustments
- Process new hires, terminations and employee changes in according to company’s policy and regulation
- Assisting with employee benefits and administration as necessary
- Verify completed payrolls and review reports for accuracy and completeness before distribution.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between Finance, HR, and Restaurants to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Record and maintain employee payroll information accurately; ensure proper authorization and adherence to company policies including compliance with federal/state/local regulations for any changes to be made to employee records
- Bachelor Degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance is an asset
- PCP or CPM enrolment or designation is preferred
- Full cycle payroll experience in a computerized payroll environment is required; bonus for US payroll experience
- Exposure to Hospitality and restaurant industry would be considered an asset
- Excellent skills using Excel, MS Word, and experience working with automated Payroll systems (experience with ADP payroll will be highly regarded but not essential)
- Self-starter at heart, with strong problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Fully understand and embody PLANTA’S Group’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you
At PLANTA we do not tolerate any form of discrimination in the workplace, including during the recruitment stages. As such, all applications are viewed by our diverse recruitment team that uses a holistic and equitable approach. PLANTA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status, or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.