Why You'll Love Working For Us
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance coverage for PLANTA employees.
- A generous paid parental leave package of up to 4 weeks.
- Work/life balance is a priority — annual PTO starts 90 days after date of employment.
- No limit on referral bonuses for sending Leadership and Team Members our way, paid after 180 days of successful employment.
- Tuition and professional certification program assistance up to $2,500 — we want you to reach your goals.
- ClassPass Wellness & Fitness membership (because healthful hedonism is a lifestyle).
- 50% off delicious plant-powered food at all full-service PLANTA concepts: PLANTA, PLANTA Queen, and PLANTA Cocina.
- Exciting career growth & development opportunities as part of an ever-expanding company: new restaurants and new positions are always on the horizon.
is building a team of inclusive, strategic and dynamic individuals that embody a leadership style that promotes equity, productivity and workplace satisfaction. Our mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT.
We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences; it’s our duty to develop our team of professionals to become the next industry leaders; it’s our quest to find the finest ingredients; it’s our social responsibility to become a more sustainable organization every day.
What you will find at PLANTA
is passion without pretense; a unique group that loves coming to work every day, shouts good morning, rolls up their sleeves and works together to create innovative techniques to redefine hospitality.PAYROLL LEAD
If you are looking for an opportunity that allows you to make a direct impact and play an integral role in our continued growth and success, we look forward to getting to know you! Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Payroll Lead, supports the upcoming locations and operate as a subject matter expert in all areas of payroll. The ideal candidate will play a key role in building out payroll practices, create proactive solutions to drive continuous improvement projects that improve the payroll function and employee experience.What's On Your Plate
Ingredients You'll Bring To The Table
- Manage and process full-cycle payroll for West Coast and other region(s) as assigned
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State payroll tax regulations, proactively work with third party payroll provider to research and resolve any payroll tax issues
- Serve as a main point of contact for employee payroll needs and related inquiries
- Act as a subject matter expert and stay current on payroll systems, regulations, and labor laws impacting the payroll process
- Manage new State payroll tax registrations for upcoming locations
- Partner with cross functional teams to optimize and implement scalable payroll processes and drive process improvements and automation
- Perform periodic and timely reconciliation of payroll related accounts and assist with audit request as required
- Enhance and create payroll SOP and reconciliation processes
- Support special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- 3-5 years of payroll experience at a high growth organization; hospitality industry experience an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field; related payroll certifications an asset
- Strong knowledge of payroll protocols and reporting requirements, multi-state/location experience required (California experience a must)
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is solution oriented
- Passionate about creating efficiencies and automating workflows; ability to build and scale processes
- Ability to work independently to prioritize and successfully complete multiple tasks with strict deadlines
- Tech savvy and ability to pick up new platforms and software quickly; ADP WFN experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
At PLANTA we do not tolerate any form of discrimination in the workplace, including during the recruitment stages. As such, all applications are viewed by our diverse recruitment team that uses a holistic and equitable approach. PLANTA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.