is on a mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable agriculture. We believe that we have the only solution to make cultured meat at a price that is competitive with factory farming. We are looking for mission-driven, skilled, and kind people to help create the alternative we need to transition to a more sustainable and healthy future.Diversity:
We value diverse people, perspectives, and knowledge. To this end, we aim to foster a sense of belonging that enables everyone to bring their whole, authentic self to work everyday. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team that encompasses all types of people. We believe this can only be achieved by acknowledging the ancestral, historic, and current systemic and communal inequities.The Role:
The Sr. Lab Manager/Director will be an integral member of our company effectively managing day to day laboratory operations to support the needs of our research and development program. In this role you will serve as the primary point of contact for lab personnel, source and order supplies and reagents, maintain laboratory inventory and organization, act as safety officer drafting policy and monitoring compliance, provide orientation and training to new personnel, maintain laboratory equipment as well as other duties required to keep the laboratories running smoothly. Previous experience working in a BSL2 laboratory environment is desirable. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to make a big impact in our company and our mission to develop sustainable agriculture to combat climate change and food scarcity.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Lab Manager/Director
to report directly to our Head of Operations who:
- Has a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Biology or related life science discipline.
- Has 5+ years of solid experience in laboratory management and supply procurement in an industry or academic research laboratory.
- Has a passion for improving lab efficiency and organization.
- Is detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Possesses a calm and unflappable nature to navigate a diversity of issues that may arise to keep the laboratories running smoothly.
- Is a resourceful and creative problem-solver.
- Has the ability to multitask and easily adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Is proactive, responsive and takes ownership of their work.
- Has experience with ELN and/or LIMS systems.
- Has a working knowledge of basic scientific equipment required in cell and molecular biology laboratories.
- Can perform responsibilities with high reliability and accuracy.
At Prolific Machines we aim to cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a team that challenges each other to be better every day!Salary Range:
$100,000 - $180,000 DOE (bi-weekly payments)Location:
The San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville)Compensation:
Competitive salary (bi-weekly payments), stock options (subject to vesting), performance-based bonus, and free lunch every day!Benefits:
Outstanding Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (including full spouse coverage), at least one all-expense-paid team holiday per year, flexibility in schedule and unlimited vacation days.Evaluation:
In lieu of the traditional application process of a CV and cover letter, we would rather give you an opportunity to tell us about yourself on your own terms by answering the below three questions. How you answer these is up to you: in words (narrative or otherwise), video, or visually. However, we do ask that it is concise (e.g less than 200 words for written answers). If applying by video or visually please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.