Brand and Marketing Contractor, Communications
The Plant Based Foods Association (PBFA) is the first and only trade association in the U.S. representing the nation’s leading plant-based foods companies. PBFA’s mission is to champion, strengthen, and elevate our members and the plant-based foods industry. Our sister organization, Plant Based Foods Institute (PBFI) works to create a plant-based food system that benefits people, the planet, and animals.
By serving members’ interests through the Plant Based Foods Association, and by identifying and disseminating impactful solutions through the Plant Based Foods Institute, we empower the plant-based foods industry to drive food system transformation. The two organizations convene and collaborate with our membership, partners, and stakeholder groups to increase the availability and accessibility of plant-based foods, and promote a transition in agricultural practices.
Assisting the PBFA/I Communications Team, the Brand and Marketing Contractor will support the team’s objectives around raising awareness of our cornerstone programs, promoting key initiatives and messaging, and implementing updated branding across PBFA channels. This role will work collaboratively with the Communications Team to create multi-channel content, coordinate priority communications touchpoints (i.e., newsletters), and assist as needed in the buildout of a new website for PBFA.
Brand/Marketing Support Project Areas
- Assist in the production of static webpages and evergreen web graphics for the new PBFA website, currently in development
- Create web content/blog posts with a focus on optimizing for SEO to build organic traffic
- Support creation of branded templates for reports, one-pagers, and other design needs
- In alignment with PBFA rebrand, help to develop a suite of email marketing templates to build member engagement
- Assist with developing newsletter segmentation and automation
- Support production of branded monthly newsletters
- Support the dissemination of PBFA rebrand via social media, developing monthly campaigns to promote revised brand messaging focused on member engagement
- Spearhead creation of branded social media templates for video content and create 1-2 videos sharing key news updates or marketing PBFA membership every month
Experience and Skills
- Strong writing and storytelling skills, including the ability to shift between tones of voice (i.e., from marketing copy to research language)
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for working in a collaborative team environment
- Considerable understanding of and experience with email marketing, social media strategy, and graphic design
- Understanding of or experience with the plant-based foods industry
- Experience using the following: Canva, Google Suite, website management platforms (particularly Squarespace and Wordpress), Mailchimp, Asana, primary social media platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), and social scheduling platforms (particularly Buffer). Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is also welcome.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and optional professional writing samples in the form of blog posts, newsletters, and/or social media content that demonstrate your communication skills and creativity.
Overview of Contract Terms:
- This position is a remote, contract role lasting a period of 3 months with possible extension of additional 3 months.
- The contract is estimated to start mid-November.
- Estimated 20 hours per week, invoiced on monthly basis.
- Up to 240 hours in total, with additional hours requiring written approval.
- Rate is $30-$35 per hour, based on experience.