The Sr. Lab Manager/Director will be an integral member of our company effectively managing day to day laboratory operations to support the needs of our research and development program. In this role you will serve as the primary point of contact for lab personnel, source and order supplies and reagents, maintain laboratory inventory and organization, act as safety officer drafting policy and monitoring compliance, provide orientation and training to new personnel, maintain laboratory equipment as well as other duties required to keep the laboratories running smoothly. Previous experience working in a BSL2 laboratory environment is desirable. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to make a big impact in our company and our mission to develop sustainable agriculture to combat climate change and food scarcity.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Lab Manager/Director to report directly to our Head of Operations who:
- Has a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Biology or related life science discipline.
- Has 5+ years of solid experience in laboratory management and supply procurement in an industry or academic research laboratory.
- Has a passion for improving lab efficiency and organization.
- Is detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Possesses a calm and unflappable nature to navigate a diversity of issues that may arise to keep the laboratories running smoothly.
- Is a resourceful and creative problem-solver.
- Has the ability to multitask and easily adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Is proactive, responsive and takes ownership of their work.
- Has experience with ELN and/or LIMS systems.
- Has a working knowledge of basic scientific equipment required in cell and molecular biology laboratories.
- Can perform responsibilities with high reliability and accuracy.
At Prolific Machines we aim to cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a team that challenges each other to be better every day!
Salary Range: $100,000 - $180,000 DOE (bi-weekly payments)