SENIOR SCIENTIST (DOWNSTREAM)
Reports to: Associate Scientific Manager
About the Department
nth Bio, our enterprise biology platform, is the first of its kind to help partners of all sizes join us in creating a kinder, greener future through precision fermentation. nth Bio is focused on piloting and scaling our technology to partners across industries, including food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, biologics, textile, and personal care to create products in a new, sustainable way.
Senior scientist is responsible for the development and execution of downstream-related projects with moderate direct supervision. The individual reports to a more senior scientist level or above on relevant projects. The senior scientist will provide expertise in the development and optimization of downstream processes. The senior scientist is a highly motivated individual who also works as the supervisor for a particular project and mentors the involved junior scientists.
What You Will Do:
- Senior Scientist will be responsible for planning and execution of Downstream Process activities for microbial products/recombinant protein.
- Responsible for data capturing, compilation, and interpretation in coordination with the associate scientific manager and presentation preparation
- Preparation of development reports, BPR, SOP, EOP, IOP and technical presentations.
- Participate in timeline planning and decision-making regarding research priorities of the department and provide information on the feasibility of prospective projects.
- Troubleshooting of technical problems
- Lab Management: Maintaining the downstream equipment's qualification and training to subordinates.
- Cross-functional communication with internal and external vendors/clients for technical queries
- Maintain environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements always in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety.
- Work experience in downstream processing in a biotechnology company is a strong advantage.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring:
We have an opportunity to collaborate to use our unique contributions to create a kinder, greener tomorrow. The dynamic employee we seek is a (Senior Scientist) with these qualifications.
Education, Experience & Other Requirements:
M Tech/ M Sc with (4-6 Years) B. Tech with (5-7 years of Experience) (Fermentation/Bioscience/Biotechnology industry or research organization)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Protein purification expertise, preferably recombinant proteins in microbial hosts
- Process Development using DoE approach awareness about Quality by Design (QbD)
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes.
- Strong commitment and dedication towards work, enthusiasm, motivation, and persuasive ability in a team.
- Supervise setup, operation, and routine maintenance of AKTA and Process equipment. Monitor processes to ensure consistency and reliability.
- Work independently, analyze and interpret experimental data, and present/document experimental results at meetings.
- Proficiency with protein assay, gel electrophoresis, HPLC is an added advantage.
- Attention to detail, proactive and self-starter.
- Work in a Dynamic, ambiguous environment with a timeline.
- Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Active Listening
- Speaking Impactfully
- Proficient Writing
Perfect Day is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.