Project Engineers are the primary technical contact for the customer from order entry through order shipment and are responsible for ensuring that all equipment meets the customer’s specification and process requirements. Project Engineers use problem solving, communication, and organizational skills to manage each project effectively and meet all customer commitments and deliverables.Work You’ll Do:
- Review project recaps, material test reports, and customer specifications, and use various engineering tools to confirm equipment design will meet the customer’s process requirements.
- Work with mechanical designers to generate equipment drawings based on the project recaps. Perform engineering design, as needed, to fabricate or procure any custom components needed to meet project requirements.
- Transmit equipment drawings to customers, participate in customer meetings, material tests, equipment inspections, or service calls at the customer location as required.
- Provide timely responses via phone call, email, Teams chat or in-person meetings to any technical questions, design changes, or engineering issues that may arise from customers or colleagues.
- Review final equipment design and bill of material for accuracy and release equipment to production according to the project schedule.
- Provide direction and assistance to purchasing and production personnel, as needed, to assure accurate and timely completion of the project.
- Work alongside engineering teams from other business units within the organization to deliver turnkey system solutions for large scope customer projects.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The Feeder Project Engineering team consists of Project Engineers and Mechanical Designers working together to Shape What Matters For Tomorrow
by partnering with customers to deliver material feeding solutions for a wide range of applications.Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in EngineeringPreferred Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Experience working with 3D CAD software (Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks or equivalent)
Experience in project management or working as part of a multidisciplinary project team
2-5 years work experience in a manufacturing industry
Knowledge of process control, weighing and bulk material handling technologyWho we are:
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".