Senior Financial Data Analyst, Manufacturing and Logistics
About Us: We are a plant-based food start-up providing scrumptious plant-based chicken products in the foodservice and Consumer Packaged Goods channels. As a food production and manufacturing technology company, we are working to increase the volume and lower the price of plant-based meat products to replace animal-based meat on a large scale.
Rebellyous Foods is seeking a Senior Business Data Analyst who can help ensure accuracy and timeliness of the production process. Duties include being the subject matter expert on reporting, data analysis, and ERP by way of entering relevant data, validating accuracy of data and troubleshooting. This position will be responsible for solving complex and broad business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and systems administration best practices. We are looking for a mission-focused individual who is excited to work collaboratively in a fast-paced start-up environment.
As the Senior Business Data Analyst, your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Demand and Supply Planning
- Develop demand and supply forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons.
- Develop detailed and dynamic supply planning strategies in collaboration with Production and Supply Chain teams.
- Create and maintain models to calculate raw material needs for production runs and forecasting scenarios by taking into account shelf life, inventory turnover, and storage capacity.
- Effectively communicate demand plans to Supply Planning and S&OP and provide input into inventory strategies on existing, new products and product phase outs as well as participate in product category constraints planning.
- Maintain demand / supply planning and forecasting systems and foster continuous improvement and increase in forecast accuracy. Review trends that impact demand drivers such as historical sales, markets, industry trends, and global economics.
- Streamline reporting by identifying and creating out of the box reports, custom reports and queries needed in Production, Supply Chain, Sales and Logistics for improved business performance and transparency.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reporting to key stakeholders.
Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Create and manage sales forecasting, coordinating cross functional consensus by working with Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Leadership to reconcile significant variances and to provide up to date coordination of sales plans to all stakeholders on a daily and weekly basis.
- Create and financial models for business plans on a regular basis.
- Support the monthly financial closing processes working closely with Controller on items not in line with trends and deep diving revenue, cost and cash drivers.
- Assist the Finance Controller to model the Annual Operating Plan and work with department leads to create and maintain departmental budget tracking.
- Assist Finance with COGS and other mapping matters.
- Perform cashflow analysis and prepare cashflow forecasts as needed.
- Provide input into sales and marketing strategies, presenting data and scenarios to facilitate decision making.
- Develop new models to support cost and pricing analysis during the development of new products, equipment systems, and production facilities, along with the associated capital needs and request forms.
- Analyze current and historical trends for key performance measurements, identify opportunities for financial improvement and provide recommendations to management.
- Partner with business leaders and cross-functional teams on productivity and cost initiatives, along with reporting rigor while driving process enhancements.
- Analyze data from industry sources, perform trend analytics, to help drive growth and evaluate the competitive landscape.
- Identify gaps in SAP reports, optimize or edit existing reports, and create new reports to benefit operations.
- Administer manufacturing IT system including ERP software (previous SAP experience highly desired).
- Lead SAP project implementation as it relates to Production, Supply Chain, Logistics and reporting. Understand operations processes in depth, identify gaps in SAP reporting, suggest improvements and ways of optimizing the existing reports to benefit production planning and visibility.
- Collaborate with Sr. Manager Supply Chain & Logistics and VP of Production Research and Operations to identify areas for improvement in SAP setup, reporting, resolve any discrepancies and suggest improvements.
- Identify and resolve problems relating to inventory, costing, and accounting in SAP.
- Be the liaison between SoftEngine and Rebellyous.
- Create training material and train the Rebellyous team on optimal SAP use such as the creation of custom queries.
- Assist with Concur/SAP integration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
- 7+ years of related experience as a Finance Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, or similar role, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supply / demand planning, forecasting methods, and accuracy measures with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Proven ability to leverage technology and systems to drive efficient and effective reporting and processes.
- Experience in ERP is required (Enterprise Resource Planning).
- Experience in MRP (Material Resource Planning) and WMS (Warehouse Management System) preferred.
- Understanding of business concepts relating to supply chain activities (procurement, sourcing, maternal movement/logistics, supplier quality, etc.) is preferred.
- Advanced understanding of database and software administration.
- Proficient in identifying system enhancement opportunities, understanding end use requirements, and the ability to translate required needs into design requirements.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and ability to chart your own path based on business needs. Must be solution oriented and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously to achieve results.
- Attention to detail and the ability to catch data errors is critical.
- Experience creating reports using Excel, GoogleSheets, or ERP software is required..
- Excellence in verbal and written communication with both technical and non-technical peers.
- Be numerate and have planning and analytical skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills required.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong regard for product quality and safety standards.
- Rebellyous Foods is a fully vaccinated workplace.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: All positions regularly require long hours and can require weekend or after-hours work.
Salary and Benefits: The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $105,000 depending on experience. Full Time employee benefits include: Eleven paid holidays, 14 days paid vacation, and sick leave according to WA state law. We also offer medical, dental, and vision insurance and cover 75% of the premium for employees. We provide opportunities for professional development and frequently promote from within.
Location: Greater Seattle area. This position is located at our facility in West Seattle, WA.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy: At Rebellyous Foods, we aim to attract the most qualified and creative problem-solvers to the mission of providing sustainable, affordable meat alternatives. In achieving that goal, Rebellyous Foods does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our operations. Women, minorities, people of color, and those with non-traditional educational and experiential backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Further, we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Discrimination or harassment in any form or based on any of the above factors is prohibited, as is retaliation against a person who has made a complaint or given information regarding possible violations of our policy.