Business Administration Manager
About Us: We are a plant-based food start-up providing scrumptious plant-based chicken products in the foodservice and Consumer Packaged Goods channels. As a food production and manufacturing technology company, we are working to increase the volume and lower the price of plant-based meat products to replace animal-based meat on a large scale.
Rebellyous Foods is seeking a full time Business Administration Manager who can manage and organize office operations and procedures. Duties include executive level scheduling, supporting all departments with a wide variety of tasks and projects with varying levels of difficulty, and independent problem solving. This position requires considerable coordination with other team members and outside notables. We are looking for a mission-focused individual who is excited to work collaboratively in a fast-paced start-up environment. This position reports directly to the Chief of Staff.
As the Business Administration Manager, your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Executive Assistant to CEO and Leadership Team (40%):
- Work closely with the CEO and other members of the Leadership Team to coordinate daily scheduling, meetings management, logistics and travel arrangements for conferences and speaking engagements.
- Coordinate and manage scheduling conflicts and address issues proactively.
- Set up agendas for team meetings, run meetings, take meeting minutes, share with staff who need notification, follow-up with the point person for key tasks when necessary.
- Organize monthly all-staff meetings, leadership strategy meetings and retreats as needed.
- Screen contacts and meeting requests for executive level attention, at times taking preliminary meetings to gather information and report back to executives.
- Coordinate tours, visits, and tasting events for outside partners and investors.
- Write first drafts of proposals, emails, and other correspondence, when necessary.
- Support the Chief of Staff and CEO with investor relations, documentation coordination, etc.
Business Operations Coordination Tasks (60%):
- Day to day administrative tasks include monitoring daily schedules and vacation tracking for all staff, requesting insurance information, completing credit checks, requesting confidentiality agreements from new partners, providing snacks for staff, stocking inventory and PPE and ordering supplies, processing the mail, archiving photos.
- Run company errands as necessary, including but not limited to, post office shipments, event supplies, etc.
- Monitor vendor and operations contracts, and manage staff related documents including follow up on expiring documents and coordination of completion.
- Provide support for the Human Resources department; scheduling, correspondence with applicants and hiring managers, prepare documents in preparation for interviews , recruitment, onboarding, training, offboarding, immigration processes, payroll and payroll taxes, and other duties as assigned.
- Organize and complete tasks and projects related to financial ROI, space planning, obtaining grants/public funds, policy opportunities, and potentially other projects that have yet to be defined, but ultimately need careful consideration and attention to details.
- Support special projects assigned by Human Resources, Controller, Chief of Staff, and other company Directors. Provide support for Food Science related projects and tasks. Provide support for Production Operations related projects and tasks. Provide support for Business Development related projects and tasks.
- Support research projects related to the industry of plant-based and animal-based meat to support critical decision making with respect to funding, policy, strategy, and more.
- Support financial projects, including but not limited to data entry, analysis, research, outreach, and customer support when necessary.
- Chair and lead committees as required.
- Create presentations and policies and train staff accordingly.
- Serve as a project manager for projects with longer term milestones and coordination.
- Create monthly newsletters.
Qualifications: Candidates should have all of the following credentials:
- 7+ years experience as business manager, an administration office manager or an executive assistant.
- Proficiency in all standard G-Suite applications as well as MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint.
- Highly organized and independent approach to follow-up tasks. Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, demanding food production, startup environment.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to take on new tasks to support the CEO and team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic accounting skills such as bill pay, spreadsheet management or similar.
- Ensure confidentiality related to sensitive company and/or employee information.
- Exceptional experience completing tasks to a high standard of professionalism and attention to detail.
- A passion to make the plant-based meat industry succeed.
- Rebellyous Foods is a fully vaccinated workplace.
Salary: The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000 depending on experience. Additionally, benefits include: Eleven paid holidays, 14 days paid vacation, and sick leave according to WA state law. We also offer medical, dental, and vision insurance and cover 75% of the premium for employees. We provide opportunities for professional development and frequently promote from within.
Location: Greater Seattle area. This position is located at our facility in West Seattle, WA.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: All positions regularly require long hours and can require weekend or after-hours work.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy: At Rebellyous Foods, we aim to attract the most qualified and creative problem-solvers to the mission of providing sustainable, affordable meat alternatives. In achieving that goal, Rebellyous Foods does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our operations. Women, minorities, people of color, and those with non-traditional educational and experiential backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Further, we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Discrimination or harassment in any form or based on any of the above factors is prohibited, as is retaliation against a person who has made a complaint or given information regarding possible violations of our policy.