Do you want to help advance scientific discovery, improving quality of life around the world? We do, too.
Molecular Devices has the opportunity to be the innovation partner that empowers scientists to fast-track research breakthroughs, leading to earlier diagnoses and safer drug treatments. We’re a leading life science solutions provider of high-performance bioanalytical measurement systems, software, and consumables. With Molecular Devices, you’ll grow your career with best-in-class teams in a culture of collaboration.
Molecular Devices is one of 10 Life Sciences companies of Danaher. Together, we accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of solutions that safeguard and improve human health.
Do you want to work in creating software used for advanced biological research? Do you enjoy problem-solving, working in a team environment, and advancing towards a common solution?
We are currently seeking a Software Test Engineer who will be responsible for helping ensure effective manual and automated test coverage of products in development, focusing on our BioPharma product line, and will report to the Supervisor of Software Testing. The professional we seek will combine technical aptitude, an eagerness to learn, and clear communication skills to define and execute robust, efficient test suites. The Software Test Engineer will help ensure the quality and user experience of world-class technologies, applications, and methods.
What we’ll get you doing:
- Test software for high performance, reliability, and usability as a vital part of our Agile-based software development process focused on the biopharmaceutical market.
- Contribute to the user experience of software for scientific instrumentation products.
- Create, optimize, and execute functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance test plans and cases, and generate test artifacts.
- Be an advocate for software quality, including defect and test management, as well as regulatory activities. Help resolve identified quality issues.
- Report on product quality, test coverage, and test execution metrics.
The essential requirements of the role include:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, life science, biology, microbiology or related subject with hands-on knowledge of software, instrumentation and/or cell line development, cell biology and cell analysis techniques and applications.
- Experience in the life science research industry, including set up and use of life sciences instruments, is a plus.
- Experience with a test management tool such as Microsoft Test Manager, Zephyr for Jira, TestRail for Jira or similar.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, and results oriented, with track record of delivering results, taking ownership, and being accountable.
- Excellent communications skills and strong attention to detail. Comfortable interacting with a wide variety of subject matter experts and stakeholders.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- 2+ years in software testing
At Molecular Devices we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, hybrid working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can work part-time at the Company location identified above and part-time remotely from your home. Additional information about this hybrid work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Molecular Devices can provide.
This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve.Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.