The Research Associate will be a key member of our cell biology team working on research and development of cell lines for use in cultured meat production. They will assist with the generation, characterization and maintenance of mammalian cell lines. In this role, they will perform techniques such as cloning and transfection to generate these cell lines, and will characterize the cell lines using techniques such as qPCR, immunofluorescence and proliferation assays. They will begin with enough experience to contribute immediately to our research program, and there will be ample opportunity for further growth and responsibility within our expanding biology team. Overall, the Research Associate will play a crucial role in supporting our molecular biology experiments, assay development and routine cell culture needs, and will be responsible for generating a large amount of experimental data that will advance our mission to make cultured meat affordable and delicious.
We are looking for a Research Associate II/III (depending on experience) who:
- Has a Bachelors or higher degree in biology or a related life science discipline, and 1+ years experience working in a biological research laboratory.
- Has substantial experience in cell culture (required); familiarity with more challenging cell types such as mammalian stem cells is a plus.
- Is experienced in routine molecular biology techniques such as DNA and RNA isolation, DNA mini and midi preps, PCR/qPCR, and transfection.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively, and takes initiative in carrying out tasks.
- Pays attention to detail and maintains accurate and up-to-date experimental records (experience with electronic notebooks such as Benchling is a plus).
- Is excited to work flexibly and learn new skills in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $95,000 DOE (bi-weekly payments)
Start Date & Location: Emeryville, CA, starting within the next 2 months.