Urban Remedy is a plant-based organic food company that embodies the belief that Food is Healing. We were founded by Neka Pasquale, a licensed Acupuncturist who saw first-hand the healing power of food with her patients. Utilizing the ancient principles of Chinese & Ayurvedic medicine combined with the latest innovations in functional medicine Urban Remedy was born. Grounded in the power of clean eating we are certified organic and non-GMO with the goal of creating the cleanest and most delicious offerings to empower people to be their best selves. Our recipes utilize ingredients that are naturally anti-inflammatory and low glycemic without preservatives, fillers, refined flours, sugars, gluten or dairy. You can feel proud of our offerings knowing we pride ourselves in transparency, authenticity, and providing a valuable service to the community.
Urban Remedy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, reproductive health decisions, age, or veteran status.Major Responsibilities
- Oversees facility-related assets and ensure proper use and distribution of equipment, including maintenance, building, security, electrical systems, utility systems, refrigeration, manufacturing equipment, and overall upkeep of the distribution center
- Serves as the Safety Manager; chairs the Workplace Safety committee and develops, organizes, and leads workplace safety trainings.
- Develops and Executes health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Prepares and enforces policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Ensures compliance with all safety standards.
- Conducts monthly walk throughs of Production Facility and Support Center to identify and rectify safety concerns.
- Manages the Maintenance Technician (direct reports) and ensures a well-organized, prioritized list of facility and equipment repairs and maintenance activities.
- Works closely with outside vendors and monitors contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications; solicits bids and quotes.
- Coordinates projects of various sizes including large-scale repair and new facility construction projects.
- Repairs or replaces defective equipment or parts within the facility.
- Regularly takes preventative measures to safeguard the facility against any kind of degradation.
- Inspects and records maintenance work and associated costs.
- Identify problems and brainstorm improvement strategies for the Production Facility.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- An understanding of personal GMPs and will execute as trained.
- Aware of GMPs requirements and responsible for assuring that direct reports are aware and will execute as trained.
- As a member of various food safety teams, will execute duties as required.
Position-Specific Skills Required
Technical Skills Required
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience as a maintenance mechanic or related field in a food manufacturing facility.
- Knowledgeable in HAACP/ GMP/SQF.
- Well-versed in recent OSHA regulations and compliance; OSHA certified a plus.
- Qualified to handle electrical components, controls, and HVAC.
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with a high level of ambiguity and change; strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Continuous improvement and project management skills.
- Effective leader and communicator for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and executive leadership.
- High level of integrity and ethics with excellent follow-through.
- Demonstrated engagement in making the world a better place through sustainable business practices and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
- Experience in the use of all electrical/mechanical tools and power tools for conducting general repairs.
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; minimum of high school diploma or GED.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- OSHA certification a plus.
- This position works with electrical and mechanical tools and power tools within a manufacturing environment.
- Position involves work with computer and keyboarding.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May spend long periods of time working in a cold refrigerated environment.
- Sitting 30%, walking 50%, standing 20%
- Ability to bend and reach overhead.
- Mobility in manufacturing environment.
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE