Job Title: Commercial Kitchen Production Manager - ($20-25/hr)
Company: Mooji Meats
Location: Waverly, Baltimore
Mooji Meats, a plant-based meat startup in Baltimore City, is seeking a talented and driven individual to join our team as a Commercial Kitchen Production Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for managing production employees while operating within a commercial kitchen to produce our delicious plant-based steak.
- Independently manage and participate in all aspects of the commercial kitchen operations and its production employees. This includes operating kitchen equipment, handling raw and cooked ingredients according to the recipe and the HAACP plan, packaging the finished product, performing quality control, and maintaining production documentation.
- Follow recipes and procedures with consistency to produce high-quality plant-based steak products.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and maintain a clean and organized kitchen environment.
- Plan and execute production schedules to meet the production target volumes.
- Conduct regular quality checks to ensure the products meet our standards of taste, texture, and appearance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any operational issues that may arise during the production process.
- Collaborate with the Mooji Meats team to provide input on process improvement and development.
- Oversee one or more employees working alongside you in the commercial kitchen
- Train new employees on-the-job
- Basic knowledge or previous history working in food production or food service.
- Ability to work independently and manage all aspects of kitchen operations.
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation practices, with a commitment to maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet production goals and deadlines.
- Flexibility when adapting to changing production demands and ability to troubleshoot operational challenges.
- Strong communication skills … you'll need to work closely with the Mooji Meats Team and operate in a shared commercial kitchen with other companies working alongsie you!
- Ability to lift 50 lbs from the floor to a counter
- Able to commit to at least two 6-8 hr shifts per week.
We offer a competitive salary of $20-25 an hour. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research indicates that women and other marginalized groups only apply if they are a 100% match, while men tend to apply for jobs when they just meet 60%. If you share our mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role, we strongly encourage you to apply!
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for considering Mooji Meats!