Coperion is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer
to join our team in Salina, KS
. As a Manufacturing Engineer
you will be responsible for the identification and evaluation of quality, process, materials and tooling improvements and development of procedures, fixtures, tools and gauges to ensure continual improvements in accordance with established Company policies, procedures and objectives. What you’ll do
- Continually identify, evaluate, recommend and implement manufacturing process, tooling and quality improvements in order to reduce costs, reduce lead times and improve manufacturing productivity.
- Support the shop floor, collaborate on equipment tooling fixturing requirements, review and document suggestions, provide training recommendations and support quality requirements.
- Design, procure and maintain manufacturing fixtures and tooling with suppliers.
- Responsible for evaluation of suppliers and subcontractors and consult with on manufacturing issues.
- Participate in the timely resolution of shop floor manufacturing problems, and ensure proper documentation of manufacturing procedures for process, tooling and fixturing standards.
- Participate and drive efforts to constantly reduce set-up time and run times of manufacturing processes.
- Recommend equipment changes to effect cost reduction or cost avoidance.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for manufacturing procedures and standards. Recommend and support training requirements as required.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to improve company processes and products.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience from a college or university with a focus in mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
- 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willingness to put in the extra hours necessary to complete a project within a deadline.
- Detail oriented and have good skills in planning, coordinating, and organizing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills when working with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Who we are:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Database Software, ERP, Solid Works and AutoCad
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".