Coperion is looking for a Product Engineer at our Salina, KS. The Product Engineer will be responsible for developing new product designs by researching various industries requirements and customer needs. Ensure products align with global standards/directives and determine how they fit with current and future manufacturing capabilities. Support current standard product questions, specifications, issues, maintenance, as well as make design improvements and achieve cost reductions.What you’ll do:
- Manage new equipment design projects, ensuring the product meets requirements of the industry and global standards and keeping them on schedule.
- Maintain Standard Product offerings through Engineering Change Requests, by improving manufacturability of designs, applying lean practices or by using value engineering principles to reduce costs.
- Ensure the release of Quality Manufacturing detail drawings, using AutoCAD or Inventor, accurately conveying to production or vendors what is required for that part.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to ensure manufacturability of designs and help resolve fabrication and assembly difficulties.
- Determine cost analysis breakdowns for new or existing design.
- Help maintain and develop processes or procedures that will improve workflow efficiencies within the group and assist other departments, asking for assistance doing the same.
- Review and approve drawings and bills of materials
- Follow the correct processes and procedures for product revisions and new releases.
- Assist in equipment testing conducted at the Test Center as required.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3 years plus related project manager or mechanical engineer or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in product engineering.
Who we are:
- Analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to size components, filter, pump, rotary valve as well as interpret P&ID.
- Ability to write and follow global and local internal processes.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Excel (VBA programming), Word and Outlook are required.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft products, AutoCAD, Inventor, Autodesk Vault, and ERP Systems.
- General knowledge of ISO 9001, ATEX and CE Directives, and other Global Standards.
- Familiarity with industrial process related to conveying, feeding, extrusion and injection molding.
- Familiarity with plastic processing essential, food and pharmaceutical applications.
- Familiarity with manufacturing practices and processes.
- Understanding of lean principles and problem-solving techniques.
- Experience with global product supply requirements.
- Experience with operation manual documentation.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electronic tools or machines used in fabrication, weld, assembly and testing of equipment
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".