Coperion is looking for a Process Engineer – Dry Bulk Solids to join our team in Houston, TX. As a Process Engineer you will be responsible for providing technical support regarding process design for material handling systems and extrusion additive feed systems. What you’ll do:
- Concept design of plant system (e.g., development of PFD)
- Process design and sizing of pneumatic conveying systems
- Selection and sizing of machines, apparatuses, and components
- Consulting and supporting of sales and order handling.
- Development of functional concept of plant system
- Preparation and execution of technical risk assessments
- Assistance for plant analysis for modification and optimization projects
- Support on site engineers during start-up and trouble shooting.
- Customer on-site troubleshooting and consultation.
- Contact for sales, order handling teams, and service technicians regarding clarification of process and technology questions.
- Support and guidance for development of functional descriptions in project teams
- Interface to the headquarters for any subject of process technology and related engineering topics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required, will consider Industrial Engineering degree with relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of professional engineering experience
- Willingness to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice – up to 25% (US & Globally)
- Knowledge about dry bulk solids handling
- Deepened understanding of gas flow theory in pipes (ideal gas law, pressure loss, flow velocity, etc.)
- Physics of humid air (relative humidity, Mollier-Diagram, condensation, etc.)
- Understanding of pipe routing and engineering in pneumatic conveying systems (clean gas, gravity, and pneumatic conveying)
- Deepened understanding of process-related functioning of dry bulk solids plants (functional sequence, Interlocks, safety technology, Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), etc.
- Solution orientated and analytical solution-oriented ability to think.
- Strong Communication skills
- Ability to climb heights of up to approx. 150 meters (via ladder or stairs) as needed.
Who we are:
- Knowledge or experience of extruders or extrusion processes
- Dependable, quick learner, and team player
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to ensure that the customer demand is met.
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".