Peerless is looking for a Controls Engineer
to join our team in Sidney, Ohio
. As a Controls Engineer
you will be responsible for providing electrical controls planning, development (including programming), direction, review, coordination and functional operations for industrial bakery equipment systems, control systems, and control panel design. You will also manage all the electrical aspects of each project from conception through satisfactory operation at the user’s facility. What you’ll do
- Ensure the performance and financial success of each project.
- Develop code for programmable logic controllers to control industrial bakery equipment.
- Plan, develop, and provide technical and functional operations for assigned control systems and equipment proposals that match our customer’s needs with compatible technical, functional and company interests.
- Review design criteria and application information. Confer with the engineering manager or coordinator to resolve application problems and sales aspects of assigned proposals.
- Direct, review, and coordinate control system design, drafting personnel, vendors, and others to assure proper electrical engineering, application, design, and cost control for projects.
- Review and coordinate job progress relevant to schedules through engineering, production, start-up, customer acceptance and final payment.
- Consult, advise, or assist Sales, manufacturing, and accounting on day-to-day problems relevant to assigned systems and equipment.
- Assist in or perform field start-up and performance problem solving of systems and equipment.
- Conduct a continuing program of self-improvement relative to these duties, advancement there from, and keeps informed on new developments in the engineering field relevant to the product line.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Engineering Degree, BSE or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience with PLC and HMI programming.
- 3+ years’ experience with Studio5000 and FactoryTalk ViewME.
- AutoCad Electrical experience.
- Rockwell Automation Motion Experience and Rockwell Automation VFD experience.
Who we are:
- Experience with Siemens Controls Systems.
- Good analytical skills necessary for designing control systems, and to analyze, plan and coordinate work activities, according to priorities, and flexibility to adapt to changes with workload, priorities and schedules.
- Willingness to put in the extra hours necessary to complete a project within a deadline.
- Must be detail oriented and have good skills in planning, coordinating, and organizing.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills when working with internal and external customers.
- Ability to travel for purposes of field survey, presentation of proposals, sales follow up, start-up services, and problem-solving services, in the field or in other company buildings.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at email@example.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".