The Flex Service Technician for Peerless will perform field service and in shop repairs on food preparation equipment.Work You’ll Do:
- Adjusting, aligning, assembling, calibrating, inspecting, lubrication, and testing of equipment
- Problem diagnosis including electrical/mechanical and electronics troubleshooting.
- Consistently achieve or surpass weekly productivity and service labor revenue goals assigned by management
- Maintain working knowledge of latest modifications, retrofit, etc. for equipment assigned to service
- Weld repair and fabrication in the field
- Assist others on equipment installations or in performing major repair assignments. Maintain a working knowledge of parts stocking and identification methods
- Work overtime, often with short notice, as required, including on call assist in developing sales leads for contracts, etc.
- Assist, as necessary, with product demonstrations at customer locations and at trade shows.
- Comply with all service policies and procedures of Peerless
- Maintain personal image to meet or exceed company standards
- Consult with bakeries to identify process improvements and diagnose mechanical weaknesses to provide value-added solutions
- Have the ability to troubleshoot utilizing scoping power meter, multimeter, calipers or other basic assessment tools
- 50% domestic and international travel with Extended hour work weeks (average 60-65 hours)
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years as an assembler, electrician or welder.
Who we are:
- Electrical Troubling Shooting desired
- Knowledge of bakery process and automation processes desired
- Welding and fabrication skills desired
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong mechanical ability, such as pneumatics, hydraulics, and general fabrication
- Strong electrical skills, including ability to troubleshoot and basic PLC knowledge
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at email@example.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".