Sabra makes America’s most iconic and beloved hummus and a delicious range of plant-based dips and spreads. We are dedicated to uniting and delighting the world around planet-positive food.
Sabra was founded in 1986 in Astoria, Queens and is headquartered in White Plains, New York. Sabra’s 500+ team members proudly produce hummus in Chesterfield County, Virginia, taking great care to ensure the highest-quality hummus is ready to go home with you. From party time to snack time, Sabra is always a feel-good food.
Sustainability is in our roots. Sabra hummus is made with chickpeas grown on family-farms in the Pacific Northwest. The chickpea is not only a nutritional powerhouse but an agricultural treasure, pulling nitrogen from the atmosphere and depositing nutrients into the soil for future crops to consume, making the world a better place one chickpea at a time. Our commitment to the planet drives the ingredients we source, the products we produce, the choices we make and the way we engage with one another and with our community.
People are at the core of how we grow and create value; leading with diversity, equity and inclusion contributes directly to our shared success. We are always looking for talented people who share our passion for nourishing our bodies, our souls, and our communities. If you are interested in learning more about career opportunities at Sabra, visit our career site.
Summary: Are you a kindred HR spirit looking for a career at a company where you can grow and have fun at the same time? If you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, coach leaders and employees alike, all the while shaping a high-performance culture then this is the place for you. Sabra is looking for a Sr. HR Generalist to work together with the broader HR team and leaders to create a great place to work by strongly partnering with leaders on shift and across the organization. The ideal person will embody the Sabra values, develop team members, and drive future organizational success.
Dip Into Your Role:
- Implement and execute HR policies, processes and procedures across all shifts
- Ensure that all employees on shift are trained on organizational policy and procedure through daily interactions and coordinated training efforts with coordinating annual refresher training
- Partner with supervisors to ensure optimal staffing levels
- Drive manpower plan and ensuring optimal staffing levels for employees
- Ensure high visibility at the plant including overlap with nightshift on a regular basis
- Enhance and improve communication through all levels and all shifts, including participating in State of the Site and regular participation of shift handover meetings
- Provide coaching to supervisors and leaders on shift regarding employee matters
- Support site-wide HR initiatives and projects
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures
- Coach managers on FMLA, labor relations, ADA and EEOC
- Follow interactive process for any ADA accommodations
- Partner with leaders to create a positive employee relations environment
- Responsible for recruiting and onboarding of team members
- Ensure accurate and updated employee information for area of responsibility
Recipe for Success:
- College Degree required - Bachelors in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or related field
- At least 5 years experience in HR related field
- Experience working in manufacturing required; food and manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player with a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a diverse team
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills that foster collaboration
- Working knowledge of Ultipro, intermediate knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.