Who doesn’t love meat? Summer BBQs and friends around the campfire enjoying a succulent, delicious burger, packed with protein. Yep, meat rocks. The only problem is meat comes with baggage—greenhouse gasses, environmental degradation, nutritional concerns, and the welfare of animals. But what if the meat we love could be a force for good, helping to reverse these challenges?
Omeat's mission is to pioneer game-changing solutions to the health, environmental, and animal-welfare challenges posed by animal agriculture. We’re developing a scalable approach to producing cultured meat – meat grown from cells, outside the animal -- that's every bit as delicious and nourishing as conventional meat.
We are led by Ali Khademhosseini, one of the top tissue engineers in the world, previously at Harvard and MIT for 16 years. We’re looking for team members who want to change history. Fellow visionaries ready to sink their teeth into one of the greatest challenges humanity faces, creating a new future -- a future full of hope with clear-running streams, teeming oceans, thriving wildlife, and healthy communities. Are you in?
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the site’s Facilities, Equipment and Utilities remain fit for purpose to provide the manufacturing, and research and development capacity to achieve quality and process technical endpoints.
- Manages preventive/corrective maintenance, calibration, and upkeep of all equipment located at the facility including facility services for the sub-leased spaces within the facility.
- Manages service contracts necessary to ensure the facility is maintained in a state of readiness. This includes services such as facility cleaning, waste removal, security, internet, emergency response & and egress, and pest control.
- Administers the maintenance and calibration systems used to demonstrate compliance with cGMP and statutory requirements.
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance programs.
- Analyzes equipment performance and proposes strategies to improve the reliability of systems.
- Manages small CAPEX projects including but not limited to equipment installation, commissioning, and validation process.
- Supports larger CAPEX projects by working with the design and construction teams to ensure the facility and maintenance requirements are adequately addressed through the delivery of the project.
- Maintains accurate records of parts, materials, and consumables used during the performance of work.
- Proposes and recommends the purchase of equipment and services.
- Assist in equipment failure root cause analysis with a prompt resolution.
- Uses key and critical process parameters and their associated critical quality attributes to assist in the resolution of equipment performance issues.
- Qualified trade with 10 years of experience in a maintenance or facility leadership position within a Pharma-Biotech manufacturing environment or 5 years of similar experience with a Mechanical or Electrical engineering bachelor’s degree.
- Must have experience working with large-scale bioreactors and ancillary systems.
- Understanding and experience in aseptic techniques to enable the application of good aseptic practices.
- Cell Culture Bioreactors
- CIP & SIP Systems
- Mixing Vessels, transfer lines, pumps and sanitary valves.
- Process automation and control systems.
- Filtration systems.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs, OSHA compliance, HVAC systems and cleanrooms, automated pharmaceutical processing and plant equipment.
- Follow and comply with EPA, OSHA, and NFPA regulations and with SOPs and cGMP policies.
- Excellent Instrumentation and mechanical skills and knowledge of maintenance principles.
- Hands-on execution of maintenance of process equipment, utility equipment, and facilities
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times, with no restrictions.
- Reports to Chief Technology Officer
- Based in Thousand Oaks CA
- Minimal travel anticipated
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision coverage)
- Flexible vacation time
- 401(k) matching
- 16 weeks of 100% Paid Parental Leave